Not the same car as the 2005-2007 models
By GMcustomerNoMore on
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Used to have a 2005 LT: features, fit and finish were impeccable! Based on my experience, I bought a 2009 LT2 sight-unseen. First impression was the downgraded interior materials: silver plastic replaced wood-grain, vinyl for chrome, lower-quality leather. Engine compartment and trunk soundproofing were dropped so much noisier than the '05. Trunk lid does not sit flush and gaps between body panels vary widely. Trunk floor sags where spare tire well cover was eliminated. Center cap fell off after 2 weeks, a clicking noise developed in a rear door after 1 mo, molding above the driver's door peeling back after 5 mo and sunroof rattling after 6 mo. Goodwrench said irreparable under warranty!
Favorite Features
Heated seats, on-star, USB port on radio, steering-wheel audio and cruise controls, trip computer, premium audio.
Suggested Improvements
Don't cheapen-up cars in order to protect the bottom-line! This car was NOT the same car as the 2005: a SIGNIFICANT downgrade! Worst showing from GM I've ever seen. Best thing to happen to me was when it was totaled in a crash with a semi. After 30 loyal-to-GM years, I'm getting a Honda Civic.