2009 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Nice car

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

Nice car
By himoses on

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Car had surprising acceleration for its class. The car was also extremely quiet and had low road noise. The feedback in the steering is adequate at best. The braking is good and the gas mileage is acceptable. I averaged 29 MPG in hard mixed driving. I could get 35 MPG if this were not a rental and I did not pound it. I don't like the interior materials, but it is sufficient for most people. I also wish the car had on wheel audio controls. This is a very simple, clean, and functional car if you do not need to use the back seat. I generally do not like GM, but this is a nice car for the right price. Better to rent this than to own IMHO.

Favorite Features

The seats are fairly good. The seats are fairly comfortable. I am a big guy (5,11" 270) and had a surprising amount of room.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat is TINY. If you have your seat back, you will only be able to get a toddler in there at best. Look elsewhere if you have kids to haul. Handling was uninspired. The trunk has a small opening. I could see this being a hassle for those that have to haul things.