A Decent Car for the Price
By Peter on
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
The first flaw I noticed with this car was that there is a severe premium on storage space. My map book wouldn't even fit in the glove compartment! The (optional) arm rest storage compartment is a must-have, even though it interferes with the parking brake. I found that the seat belt latch was located a little too close to the body and therefore difficult to access. The seats themselves are comfortable enough and there is more than enough head and leg room (I'm 6'). The display module is located a little too low on the dash. I found that it was obscured by the steering wheel spokes while turning so that the "low traction" warning couldn't be seen if you were turning on a patch of ice.
Favorite Features
I have to admit, this is a pretty sharp looking car in profile view. The stereo system isn't bad and is easy to manipulate while driving. Fuel economy is fantastic. Lots of room in the trunk. 60/40 split seats is a nice touch. Aluminum wheels and power package are nice features for the price.
Suggested Improvements
More storage space! My old Sunfire was a warehouse compared to this. Relocate the parking brake (see 09 Civic), it's a pain to have to keep lifting the armrest to access it. Relocate information display. Side-curtain airbags should be standard!