2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Hated Chevy, But Now..
By Crystal on 03/25/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In 2008 I purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. Never-again. I had it into the shop 15+ times in a single year. I swore I'd never buy another GM car until I laid eyes on the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe. I was drawn by it's style and yellow color. After test driving it and looking at the specs, my boyfriend and I decided we'd give GM another try. WONDERFUL, idea. I love its get-up-and-go power and handling. XM is awesome as is 1 free year of Onstar. This car has been completely reliable and I enjoy driving it. The price was reasonable, and the fuel economy is excellent. At 20 miles on the odometer when I first purchased the car I was getting 30mpg and it's still going up. Great car.

A Decent Car for the Price
By Peter on 03/24/09 22:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The first flaw I noticed with this car was that there is a severe premium on storage space. My map book wouldn't even fit in the glove compartment! The (optional) arm rest storage compartment is a must-have, even though it interferes with the parking brake. I found that the seat belt latch was located a little too close to the body and therefore difficult to access. The seats themselves are comfortable enough and there is more than enough head and leg room (I'm 6'). The display module is located a little too low on the dash. I found that it was obscured by the steering wheel spokes while turning so that the "low traction" warning couldn't be seen if you were turning on a patch of ice.

Good value
By AA on 03/21/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great price. Overall good features with the LT package, great fuel economy, smooth ride and comfortable even for a tall person like me.

Nice Economy car for a good price
By PD on 03/16/09 19:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car today. It's a base auto with AC and ABS. It drives and rides pretty good for an economy car. Gets very good gas mileage so far 30+ mpg. Got mine for 12.5k which is a great price for a new car. Its not the most exciting car to drive, but that's not why I bought it.

SS coupe alot of car for the money
By Tom on 03/09/09 03:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The cobalt SS is one powerful piece of machinery. The handling and power you get is unmatched of any car at this price range. One free year of OnStar and 3 free months of XM radio really sweeten an already good deal. My friend is a real snob about cars and hates American cars. After showing him a lot of SS reviews and giving him a ride in my new car he has had to admit this is a good car.

Excellent car
By Roger on 03/03/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a bottom of the line Cobalt for commuting. The price was unbeatable and the MPG is wonderful. Chevrolet has come a long way in quality. I have never really been happy with GM products , but this one changed my mind. It a pleasure to own and drive. The interior is wonderful and it has plenty of comfort. I love this little car and I'm glad I didn't settle for an import. Thanks Chevrolet. It's a wonderful and reliable car!

Great Value
By GV on 02/19/09 17:28 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car for about a month and haven't got a single regret. Got the car at an exceptional price with all the incentives even though I hadn't planned on buying a car. This car is way quicker than my venerable '98 Sunfire and with way more ammenities for thousands of dollars less. The car is a pleasant surprise with all it's features, conveniences and style.

2009 Nova SS
By Lance on 01/23/09 18:14 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my SS Cobalt without driving one as every state west of the Mississipi had only 5 SS'. I ordered one after reading my Road and Track, Motor Trend Mag's and going around the Nurmburing's track with a professional driver in the rain no less. Lap times just above 8 minutes, and the driver expressed great impressions of what the car is able to do. Seeing as how I want to do what I can to help the economy and own a true muscle car matching the numbers of a Buick GS 455, and getting 2 to 3 times the mileage I bought one. I have 4500 miles on the car, perfect seats that my 90 year old mother could actually not have pain after 8 hours in the passenger seat, and scarry fast, like-Corvette

Love my Lil Red Coupe
By Kyle on 01/19/09 05:06 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 00 Mustang V6 that was a piece of junk for this 09 Cobalt. It is my first new car and I am really pleased with my decision. The OnStar and XM are my favorite features plus the XFE sticker on the trunk is cool even though I'm not sure what it means. I assume it is the sport package? At 6'4 and 330 lbs I fit very comfortably and dont feel cramped like I was in the mustang. I drive 100 miles to college and then 20 to work. so the gas mileage is very important. I am getting double what the Mustang was. Great car and worth the money.

5000 mile Chevy Cobalt review
By kochise on 01/08/09 16:19 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car to get around town in. I don't like the seats or interior. I think the seats are made very cheap. I bought for gas mileage and the price range was what I could afford to keep maintained. I think the interior is really cheap.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$130 per month*