Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great littel gas saver
By Lisa

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Cobalt with 35,000 miles. I'm already impressed. I drive quite a bit and this car can drive forever on one tank of gas. I love the exterior.

Picks up speed quick and saves a lot of money on gas compared to my old 6 cylinder

More comfy seats, although the original are good with lumbar support, I'll probably eventually add some memory foam cushions.

Little Demon Car
By Kevin

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First off, I always get tons of crap from my buddies when I tell them I got a cobalt until I take 'em for a ride. Amazing power for such a little car and the brakes stop on a dime. Only real problem is everywhere I go, people try to race me lol

Power, speed, styling, Brembo Brakes.

Weak Weak WEAK AC, Definitely needs an upgrade. More inside storage, maybe an armrest?

let's do it again
By Happy Camper

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, here we are with almost 10K, and with have no complaints. MPG is rising, as expected. Took a day trip two weeks ago, and averaged 38. Got my letter from GM re: steering motor, and so glad they FINALLY claimed it. Also still happy with the dealership. Took the little car in recently for it's third oil change, after having been there a week earlier for a nitrogen refill on the tires. Noticed that somehow, they left grease on the interior, mentioned it, and it was gone when I picked the car back up after the oil change. Little things do matter...

2009 Chevy Cobalt LT
By Thomas

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car to replace my 02 VW Passat because it was starting to cost me anywhere from $1000 to $2000 every other month in repairs. The Cobalt reminds me of a cross between Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Yaris without the dorky exterior of a Yaris. It drives fairly well and has zero blind spots.

MPG, can turn almost on a dime

Different interior. American cars all seem to have this weird plastic interior that neither looks cool or is that sturdy.

My gas sipping money saver
By Cher

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the gas millage this car gets. I have had it a year and it still gets 37mpg highway and 26-27 city. I do 65mph on the highway, not 55. However, to keep the gas mileage great you must change the oil and filter once every 3,000 miles, not 6,000 miles like the dealership tells you to. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO A HYBRID CAR. I couldn't afford a hybrid so I bought this car and it really does get the gas millage Chevy advertises. Not to mention it's a lot better looking than a Toyoda Prius. The lock cylinder on the car did go at 16,000 miles but my warranty covered that.

Fuel efficiency, shifts nicely, handles alright. Pretty decent car for the price.

As always with the American cars, the plastic cheap looking interior.