2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews 6

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
CSS Blast!
By alcss on 08/14/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the SS sedan 3 weeks ago. This car is a blast to drive! Have 2500 miles on it already. 3000 pound curb weight and 260hp is a great combo. Turbo-charged ecotec engine is fantastic. Exhaust has a nice rumble on hard acceleration, but it's not tiresome on the highway. Tires, wheels, steering, braking and suspension/handling are all top notch, simply outstanding. This car can really perform and it is so much fun to drive. Seats are amazing. I would recommend this ride to anyone who needs a double extra dose of performance in their daily drive.

Better than expected
By donna on 08/12/09 21:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I would never have considered the cobalt prior to driving it as a rental. I was impressed by the headroom, handling, and quiet firm ride when on a parkway at speeds 60+ I also felt the seats were very comfortable and supportive and the car was overall "fun to drive". I would definitely consider purchasing this car particularly in view of their competitive pricing

Love my car!
By Wikia on 08/07/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first vehicle I have purchased on my own, and I am very happy with it. I wanted something simple, but my dealer located a car for me with the sports package, a lot of fun extras. I traded in my old Chevy Blazer for a more fuel efficient and safer car, and I am so glad I did. About a month and half after I purchased my car someone ran a red light and t-boned me. Both myself and my passenger were ok, and I credit that to my car. The time that my car was in the shop, I missed it. Before buying my car I test drove Honda's and Ford's, but with this car you get a lot of "bang for your buck": power, safety, fuel efficiency, comfort, etc. I think I made a very smart (and safe!) choice.

Immaculate 88 Sentra to this....
By Happy Camper on 08/02/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared to the old Sentra, this thing rocks, until you talk interior. The lack in braking with the LRR tires is also a bit of a drag. Got the XFE, and on the highway, it's getting an amazing 44 mpg. Overall I couldn't be happier. I love this car. Thank you GM for not going hybrid, and for building an affordable little mileage monster. I'm also way happy with what the base model comes with. Crank windows, manual seats.. no biggy. I love the DIC, and the stereo is great. While shopping, I saw others that wanted 3K for A/C, and used an idiot light as a temp gauge. Had no where near the gidup, and I seriously doubt they could match the MPG. Also used a timing belt.. I'll take a chain anyday.

Cash for Cluncker Deal
By lesrice on 08/02/09 05:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a Fit, Yaris, Soul, G5, and a Focus, the only thing left out there after week one of cash for clunkers were manual Cobalts. It compared well with the other models and got better fuel economy (posted). The G5 had more features for the price, but they were the first cars gone by day 4. The Cobalt doesn't have all the features of the other vehicle, but it does have a trip computer, On Star and XM radio. With rebates, the price was 12,500 before my 4,500 cash for clunkers taking the price to 8,100. I can live with what it doesn't have for that kind of money. Time will tell and I will follow up with future post as we observe real world mileage and wear and tear.

This is my 2nd Cobalt!
By C-57D on 07/29/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say - I bought a 2005 because I needed a car (my '92 Lumina Van croaked at 218000 miles). There was nothing wrong with the '05 but GMAC wanted to get rid of their leases and they made me a good deal! The '09 feels like it has a little more power and is a bit more solid overall than the '05. Never had a problem with either car.

Love my Cobalt
By Latona on 07/07/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new cobalt! The vehicle was much better than I initally thought. My Cobalt is fully loaded with Black leather interior, Premium Pioneer sound system (with a sub!),heated seats, Onstar, Bluetooth, HUGE sunroof. I like the fact that my Chevy makes it easy to keep your car up on maintenance as well. I know my tire pressure, coolant levels, oil level, gas mileage and more. I never paid attention to that stuff before, I always had my husband take care of it. The trunk is also very big. We are very Pleased with our purchase!

Good car for the Money
By ChicagoDave on 07/02/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in November of 2008, it was the cheapest car I could find and I am surprisingly pleased with it. The drive is smooth and unexciting, the radio is decent enough, the controls are laid out nicely the front seat are comfortable enough to be in for a few hours at a time and it's a compact car that has enough power to pass semi's on the highway.

Chevy Cobalt Exceeded my expectation
By Ding on 06/25/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle drives very well, makes tight turns, responds quickly. The fit and finish is great, with no uneven gaps between body panels. The fuel economy is better than posted. I drive a mix of local roads and highway, and get about 32 MPG on average (with automatic transmission). The rear seats have ample leg rooms for my 2 teenage sons. Transmission is especially smooth. Never feel anything with gear changes. The vehicle has substantial weight, so on highway it does not "drift". A great value!

A hoot to drive
By 01Z2806TBSS09CSS on 06/11/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I picked up a Cobalt SS Sedan to compliment the 01 Z28 and 06 TrailBlazer SS that I own. I have to say that I am totally impressed with the Cobalt SS. What a surprising car! If I had not seen on at my local track I would never have given owning one a thought. The handling of these cars is second to none. You forget you are in a FWD vehicle. Straight acceleration is a blast and you don't realize how fast you are going due to how stable the car is at speed. Gas mileage is great. With the cruise on at 55 I'm getting 30+ MPG. City I'm getting mid twenties.