Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

My Cobalt
By Mrs.P

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt 38 days ago. I only have 803 miles on the car. I get 23.3 MPG... seems low but I work 2 miles from home and don't do any highway driving. Work, home and the grocery store is the extent of where I take my car.One tank of gas lasts me 2 weeks. I took my cobalt on the highway one time and got 40 MPG so I know I don't get as good millage because I drive such short trips. I am very happy with my purchase. I spent 15,000. My only complaint is when the A/C is on, my dash vibrates a little when I am driving slow in a parking lot or backing out of a driveway or sitting at a light! Other than that its great. This is my first new car and I would recommend a Cobalt to anyone!

Fun to drive, good gas millage,stylish look. Great for highway drivers

Vibrating Dash mentioned above and the head rest is tilted down in an awkward position.

Love the XFE
By Jeff

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Yellow XFE coupe for about 4 months and 10,000 miles. I commute about 120 miles per day and average 38.5 and 39.1 MPG...you have to love that! The car is very comfortable and has great pickup when it's time to hit the on ramps. I was about to buy a civic, but saved myself 6 grand and get better mileage. I expect it will be a great car for years.

Information Center

Armrest standard, fit and finish.

Happy Camper
By Happy Customer

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought new in early '09, had a '01 Malibu w/ over 260k mi. Wanted the XFE, 1LT package. It took a bit to find car. after delivery, I found it comfortable, roomy for that size of car, great mileage, 36 has been my low, 40.9 has been high. I drive 150 a day, commuting to work. gas usage went from 5 gal a day to 3.2. started with Mobil 1 a 5k mi. went 11.2k to second oil change. I drive at 60 - 65mph, keep foot off the floor, expect over 200k and not a lot of cost. good car! also set up car for towing behind motorhome. Great Towed

Enjoy higher mileage, XM radio, quiet ride, good size trunk, small opening but I can load through side door, with back seats down, I had three 15" trailer tires plus "stuff" in trunk area.

I'd like map lights under rear view mirror, a better view through the rear window, an XFE w/ auto trany, all in all, well satisfied

Two months later
By Happy Camper

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

With just over 2200 miles, I'm noticing the MPG going up.. average has gone from 31 to 35. Acceleration is a real kick, and with the windows now tinted black, this little white coupe looks even sharper. A/C works like a champ, and cools the car in about a minute with fan speed initially set at 3. From there it drops to 1, or it's too cold.. and we're talking So. Ariz. The engine runs cool.. about 195 in the heat of the day. The ride is great, and was complimented by a friend who drives a Volvo. I love this car, and as an old motor head, I rate it right at the top with some of my past hot rods and trucks, even my Sentra. Killer mileage, and it doesn't get hot. What a relief.

Way fun to drive, and the XM radio is great.

Still don't care for all the hard plastic inside, but it is easy to clean.

Immaculate 88 Sentra to this....
By Happy Camper

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared to the old Sentra, this thing rocks, until you talk interior. The lack in braking with the LRR tires is also a bit of a drag. Got the XFE, and on the highway, it's getting an amazing 44 mpg. Overall I couldn't be happier. I love this car. Thank you GM for not going hybrid, and for building an affordable little mileage monster. I'm also way happy with what the base model comes with. Crank windows, manual seats.. no biggy. I love the DIC, and the stereo is great. While shopping, I saw others that wanted 3K for A/C, and used an idiot light as a temp gauge. Had no where near the gidup, and I seriously doubt they could match the MPG. Also used a timing belt.. I'll take a chain anyday.

Ecotec, DIC, auto volume, huge trunk

Interior's a bit of a yawn, and could have used a bit more "insulation" to cut road noise.