Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

New car
By St Helens Matt

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting 35 MPG and the cabin is quite. Best of all, I got it brand new for $10,000.

Favorite Features

MPG

Suggested Improvements

Reading lamps

09 Cobalt LS Automatic
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a base coupe to replace an 04 Cavalier coupe automatic. Other than looks, not too much has changed. Same basic layout with a few more features. Nice car for way cheap money. End of year pricing and rebates put this less than the competition (Kia- Hyundai- Nissan-Focus). Only drawback - 6 year old design. Looks like a '10 to me. I might buy one more before the Cruze swings into production. (or they move the Cobalt tooling to Mexico)

Favorite Features

XM- Onstar

Suggested Improvements

Model is dead. Drop the price another two thousand and I'll be right down to buy another.

2009 cobalt
By John Frank

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Car looks and handles alright and mileage is very good. The problem I am having is the exhaust system makes lots of noise when you turn off the car and the pipes cool off. Two dealers have told me this is normal, but this is way to loud and needs to have a fix. Has anyone else had this problem and had a dealer fix it?

Favorite Features

Good looks and good mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better exhaust setup, better shift lever on automatics, arm rest on front seats

Nice for the money
By Mike_in_PVD

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's quieter than my 07 Honda Civic. So far no problems. I have 8000 miles on it. Gas mileage on the highway is very good. I can maintain 40 mpg on a relative lt flat highway at 60 mph. I do not like the spare tire. There is none. Chevy now provides an air compressor with a bottle of stop leak attached to the compressor. What happens if I get a flat when it's 20 degrees outside? What happens if I get a blowout? I'm going to start calling junk yards for a real spare tire. It will fit in the spare tire wheel well. So why not just provide a real spare and a jack?

Favorite Features

Comfortable. Handles relatively well.

Suggested Improvements

A REAL SPARE TIRE!!! Heated side mirrors that collapse.

BUY THE CAR - GET IT LOADED UP
By PETERSON

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. I purchased the LT package with all the bells and whistles. The pioneer stereo is more than adequate. It sounds as good if not better than some Bose systems Ive heard. Love the XM radio. Love the Onstar (Incase of a serious accident)- Has great comfortable leather seats with the 2-stage heat option. (VERY NICE) and airbags everywhere. I got the 17" Chrome style wheels with the Pirelli tires. This car sticks and corners SWEET!!! And I have owned 5 Corvettes!!!! You can take a 40mph curve at 70 and it will rail right around. Awesome!!!Traded a 07 Civic EX and yes the dash was prettier and may last a bit longer but I hands down LOVE the Cobalt much much better. Smooth/Quiet/Awesome

Favorite Features

Love the ONstar & the remote start & the XM Pioneer stereo system ROCKS OUT!! Also like the MPG (Averaging 26.8 since I bought it 5/09) Like the fog lamps and the 2 stage heated seats- like the TPMS monitoring system and all the info you can get about the cars operation at the push of a button

Suggested Improvements

NONE!