2009 SS Cobalt
By Why Not on
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Bought the Cobalt SS Sept 15. So far Iím very impressed. The turbo really helps the 2.0 liter create power. It feels faster, stops quicker and handles better than my 96 TransAm WS6 (and it was a performer in its day). The reconfigurable display is awesome, the Brembos fell like an anchor is thrown out to help stop it and it handles like its on rails. The seats feel great, standard bluetooth is cool and the short-throw shifter is outstanding. I've had Vettes, TransAms, and tons of 60's era muscle cars. At 54 years old, this car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. With the GMPP plan offered last month, Iím sorry I didnít buy two of them for $22,400.
Favorite Features
Turbo engine, handling, braking, reconfigurable display, short-throw shifter, seats, standard bluetooth, steering wheel controls for multiple features and the stealth factor.
Suggested Improvements
HID headlights and a center armrest console with storage. I'd say "more power", but I've read Chevy has a Stage 1 upgrade kit in-work that will boost hp to about 315.