2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Great Car!
By bwalk1 on 09/03/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter purchased this car in March and after recently completing an 8 day 3200 mile cross country trip I have to say this is an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive and I am impressed with the overall quality and performance. The front seats are VERY comfortable, there is plenty of room in the back seat and it averaged 38 mpg on our trip. The car handles great, is very tight and has a quiet cabin. Her car is equipped with a smooth shifting 5 spd and has a light clutch that makes for smooth starts and effortless shifting. The gauges are easy to read, controls are well laid out and the AC worked great even in the 115 degree desert heat. This is a great car that I highly recommend!

I love my Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe!
By Steph&Lou09 on 07/29/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is my first car! Love love love it! It is the best. Hands down. Others are jealous. It's a sexy car. I named him Lou. It has good gas mileage. Never had a problem with it :) Chevy for life!

let's do it again
By Happy Camper on 04/27/10 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, here we are with almost 10K, and with have no complaints. MPG is rising, as expected. Took a day trip two weeks ago, and averaged 38. Got my letter from GM re: steering motor, and so glad they FINALLY claimed it. Also still happy with the dealership. Took the little car in recently for it's third oil change, after having been there a week earlier for a nitrogen refill on the tires. Noticed that somehow, they left grease on the interior, mentioned it, and it was gone when I picked the car back up after the oil change. Little things do matter...

My gas sipping money saver
By Cher on 03/15/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the gas millage this car gets. I have had it a year and it still gets 37mpg highway and 26-27 city. I do 65mph on the highway, not 55. However, to keep the gas mileage great you must change the oil and filter once every 3,000 miles, not 6,000 miles like the dealership tells you to. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO A HYBRID CAR. I couldn't afford a hybrid so I bought this car and it really does get the gas millage Chevy advertises. Not to mention it's a lot better looking than a Toyoda Prius. The lock cylinder on the car did go at 16,000 miles but my warranty covered that.

New car
By St Helens Matt on 01/28/10 21:58 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting 35 MPG and the cabin is quite. Best of all, I got it brand new for $10,000.

09 Cobalt LS Automatic
By Jim on 01/15/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a base coupe to replace an 04 Cavalier coupe automatic. Other than looks, not too much has changed. Same basic layout with a few more features. Nice car for way cheap money. End of year pricing and rebates put this less than the competition (Kia- Hyundai- Nissan-Focus). Only drawback - 6 year old design. Looks like a '10 to me. I might buy one more before the Cruze swings into production. (or they move the Cobalt tooling to Mexico)

2009 cobalt
By John Frank on 12/21/09 11:22 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Car looks and handles alright and mileage is very good. The problem I am having is the exhaust system makes lots of noise when you turn off the car and the pipes cool off. Two dealers have told me this is normal, but this is way to loud and needs to have a fix. Has anyone else had this problem and had a dealer fix it?

Nice for the money
By Mike_in_PVD on 12/09/09 05:38 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's quieter than my 07 Honda Civic. So far no problems. I have 8000 miles on it. Gas mileage on the highway is very good. I can maintain 40 mpg on a relative lt flat highway at 60 mph. I do not like the spare tire. There is none. Chevy now provides an air compressor with a bottle of stop leak attached to the compressor. What happens if I get a flat when it's 20 degrees outside? What happens if I get a blowout? I'm going to start calling junk yards for a real spare tire. It will fit in the spare tire wheel well. So why not just provide a real spare and a jack?

BUY THE CAR - GET IT LOADED UP
By PETERSON on 11/17/09 12:03 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. I purchased the LT package with all the bells and whistles. The pioneer stereo is more than adequate. It sounds as good if not better than some Bose systems Ive heard. Love the XM radio. Love the Onstar (Incase of a serious accident)- Has great comfortable leather seats with the 2-stage heat option. (VERY NICE) and airbags everywhere. I got the 17" Chrome style wheels with the Pirelli tires. This car sticks and corners SWEET!!! And I have owned 5 Corvettes!!!! You can take a 40mph curve at 70 and it will rail right around. Awesome!!!Traded a 07 Civic EX and yes the dash was prettier and may last a bit longer but I hands down LOVE the Cobalt much much better. Smooth/Quiet/Awesome

My Cobalt
By Mrs.P on 11/04/09 06:36 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt 38 days ago. I only have 803 miles on the car. I get 23.3 MPG... seems low but I work 2 miles from home and don't do any highway driving. Work, home and the grocery store is the extent of where I take my car.One tank of gas lasts me 2 weeks. I took my cobalt on the highway one time and got 40 MPG so I know I don't get as good millage because I drive such short trips. I am very happy with my purchase. I spent 15,000. My only complaint is when the A/C is on, my dash vibrates a little when I am driving slow in a parking lot or backing out of a driveway or sitting at a light! Other than that its great. This is my first new car and I would recommend a Cobalt to anyone!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe in WA is:

$163 per month*