Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Regret after regret
By rkammer

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was my first brand-new car purchase. The first weekend I had it, I had to take it back to the dealer because it had rained where I live and my entire trunk was soaking wet. The rear windshield had not been sealed and they had to replace the carpeting in my trunk and rear dash board.

Since then, my now three year old car has been recalled 4 times. In my opinion, that is excessive. I wish I could get every penny back I spent on this car, and to top it off, customer service with GM has been terrible. This car has convinced me I will never buy any GM product ever again.

great affordable family car
By shotgun1496

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

love the car. there is power when you need it, rides good, got rather loud over the years, my only complaint it the brakes they squeal all the time, the even did it about a week after buying it.
the cheap plastic interior sucks, but its a good car

performance, quality for the price

interior.

DRIVERS BEWARE!
By vlk

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Driving on I-10 on a clear morning, going at 70 mph, not sleepy, not distracted...
the 2009 Chevy Cobalt I was driving started to swerve uncontrollably, then went off to the grassy embankment & rolled on its side at least twice. It finally landed on its passenger side against some small trees. The front wheel broke off along with its axle. The airbags did not deplore. Miraculously no one was seriously hurt! I was lucky, but no telling how the next accident of this sort will end up. GM is totally unresponsive & denies any responsibility. Something had to be wrong with the vehicle! There was just no other explanation. This is not about law suits. It is about consumer safety!
BEWARE

Few Problems
By javaanimal

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Speakers are.. well, they're there. LS Coupe is considered a sports car (Grr..) and it lacks a lot of power my 2000 Malibu had. The front of it is dated.. but the body itself is magnificent. It says 25 mpg BUT my readings say 23. The LS I purchased has no cruise control or power windows/doors.

BUT. For the price of this car, it's great. Fun fun to drive once you get up in mph and it hugs the curves with its spoiler. Breaks are great, it turns heads, and you get away with people believing you're in a sports car.

This is NOT for tall/wide people. It's a very narrow car. It is GREAT for safety- everything is solid.

Safety, looks, feel, higher speeds, steering, suspension, air-conditioning, and compact-ness.

More storage, better looking front end, better sound system, cruise comes standard, and bigger trunk (or remove more of the back.)

Fun First Car
By mizmwise

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt new and have put 56,000 miles on it. I love it! I'm religious about servicing it and have had zero mechanical problems. I get 40 mpg highway easily. For a relatively inexpensive car it handles great and has decent power. I live where it gets cold as hell in the winter and it starts every morning, and it does alright on the snow and ice. There is pretty limited storage space, and the blindspots are pretty significant. Everything seems pretty solid still. Of course there are little rattles here and there, but nothing crazy. Everything has stayed pretty tight and sealed up. The ride on the highway is smooth and fairly quiet. Overall, I think this is an awesome car!

XM Radio, nice exterior styling, reliable

More interior storage