2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Regret after regret
By rkammer on 11/07/12 11:07 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was my first brand-new car purchase. The first weekend I had it, I had to take it back to the dealer because it had rained where I live and my entire trunk was soaking wet. The rear windshield had not been sealed and they had to replace the carpeting in my trunk and rear dash board. Since then, my now three year old car has been recalled 4 times. In my opinion, that is excessive. I wish I could get every penny back I spent on this car, and to top it off, customer service with GM has been terrible. This car has convinced me I will never buy any GM product ever again.

great affordable family car
By shotgun1496 on 07/26/12 00:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

love the car. there is power when you need it, rides good, got rather loud over the years, my only complaint it the brakes they squeal all the time, the even did it about a week after buying it. the cheap plastic interior sucks, but its a good car

Too many repairs for a brand new car.
By hdryder on 05/02/11 11:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have a 2009 Cobalt Sedan W- Auto Trans. Purchased brand new. It currently has 38k miles on it. This is the worst GM car I have ever owned out of the gate. Within the warranty frame it's had numerous failures related to cheap parts: Power steering motor recall. Steering column replaced because of a rattle. Ignition replaced because the key could not be turned off. The most recent is a issue yet to be diagnosed for certain but we are experiencing an erratic slapping noise coming from the drive train. I suspect it's a noise that originates inside the transmission. This car has long term durabilty questionability. Be prepared to spend $$$$ after the warranty expires. It's very cheaply built.

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
By jjcarter11 on 01/07/11 05:17 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this amazing car and from the very beginning have enjoyed everything from the color to the handling of the car. The acceleration is outstanding! Would highly recommend this car to any car enthusiast who is looking for outstanding value matched with performance.

2009 Cobalt
By RickD on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have 27,000 on mine and have had no problems. The car has great acceleration and very quiet and smooth ride.Gas mileage averages right around 28.5 to 29.0 MPG. Seem like a good little car with lots of quality built in. It definitely compares to the Corolla and Civic. I've owned both.

Short-time review
By JJR60616 on 01/13/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My expectations going in were low. I was just looking for a new car to replace my S10 Pickup my daughter beat up in a couple accidents. Looked for cheap cars, best rebates, something simple. Was pleasantly surprised at the handling, features, fit & finish and performance of the 2009 Cobalt.

Cobalt
By Rich D on 09/05/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Toyotas for the past 12 years and I thought I would give an American Car a try. The Cobalt ride is great and the interior noise is super quiet for a small car. I am not impressed with the interior quality but I think the car has nice exterior lines. Gas mileage for city highway is right around 29 MPG... This car can accelerate! If this car is reliable I will continue to buy American. Overall a nice little car!

Good car for the Money
By ChicagoDave on 07/02/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in November of 2008, it was the cheapest car I could find and I am surprisingly pleased with it. The drive is smooth and unexciting, the radio is decent enough, the controls are laid out nicely the front seat are comfortable enough to be in for a few hours at a time and it's a compact car that has enough power to pass semi's on the highway.

New Cobalt
By Dan on 04/01/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my new car. I was looking at Focus and Cobalt. For the price, I just could not say no. I drive a long ways for work and I needed a quality car I can depend on. This was a good deal and I am getting around 34 to 35 mpg round trip, going over hills and all. The extras I get with this car, XM radio, ONStar, hands free phone and the price, I just could not say no.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*