Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2009 Chevy Cobalt
By kayly

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my cobalt for the last two years with out any significant problems. This is the first and only car I have ever had, and it has served me well. I find it to be very comfortable, even for long car rides. I especially enjoy how quick it accelerates. ;) In my opinion the vehicle has held up really well against all my wear and tear.

BUY AN LT IF POSSIBLE.
By unicornrides

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a follow up to my last review (which I cannot edit) on this car.. This is a scatter-brained review from someone who was used to a V6 engine. **NOTE: I mod my cars. This car has no major mods, yet. I use my car for: work, travel, picking up dudes.** In 2012 I bought my 09 LS Coupe (base everything- even fake hubcaps!) mostly for the the price (22k miles and under $7.5k.) Second car. THIS CAR IS STRONG. I have put over 25k miles on it in under 3 years.. and have driven it off-road, over things I can't identify but sound like explosions, etc.. and it hasn't affected it at all.

Cat friendly. I OUTRUN NEWER SPORTS CARS AND OTHER CARS IN MY BASE LS. This car is TOUGH. Had my first accident in it and only got a fender bender. Automatic drives more like a manual/shift-able automatic. VERY comfortable for 9+ hour trips. Trims pop off to customize easily. HUGE fanbase behind this car. So you find all the things you ever need to know about it online. Things/parts/etc online specially made for this car. 40 mpg hwy. 22 mpg city. (50k miles on the car) Speakers are amazing! I get a lot of bass compliments. Had the front one blow (which is another common Cobalt problem.) Easy to install new stuff! Parts come cheap/reasonably priced.

THIS CAR IS #1 ON THE RECALL LIST OF ITS TIME PERIOD. Before you buy, have whoever show you proof that these issues are fixed! I, thankfully, have not had problems with mine and it now has 50k miles. Battery is in THE TRUNK. WHY?! Front end is outdated- fit a kit to it and install fog-lights in non SS versions. Trunk opening is small. Base LS needs cruise control and automatic windows/locks. Needs more cubby holes!

Few Problems
By javaanimal

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Speakers are.. well, they're there. LS Coupe is considered a sports car (Grr..) and it lacks a lot of power my 2000 Malibu had. The front of it is dated.. but the body itself is magnificent. It says 25 mpg BUT my readings say 23. The LS I purchased has no cruise control or power windows/doors. BUT. For the price of this car, it's great. Fun fun to drive once you get up in mph and it hugs the curves with its spoiler. Breaks are great, it turns heads, and you get away with people believing you're in a sports car. This is NOT for tall/wide people. It's a very narrow car. It is GREAT for safety- everything is solid.

Safety, looks, feel, higher speeds, steering, suspension, air-conditioning, and compact-ness.

More storage, better looking front end, better sound system, cruise comes standard, and bigger trunk (or remove more of the back.)

Good little car
By A decent car

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This little ecotec engine rocks. It can outrun most comparable cars on the market in its stock form. (we know because a lot of younger people want to race it for some reason). It is a basic little car with a lot of power. We have never have had a problem with it in 15,000 miles.

Power

Update the interior a little

2009 Cobalt LS #2 Automatic coupe
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the first 2009 Cobalt I bought in January, bought a second one. Different color same equipment. Same ride, same great mileage, this one has a spare tire and spoiler- luxury. 36 mpg hwy with the automatic- measured on fill-ups, not the trip computer in the car (which shows 33.8 avg.)

Gas mileage and coupe styling.

Discontinued model. Cruze needs to have a Base XFE coupe.