2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Best Car
By chevygirl21 on 03/05/13 22:04 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car! Before this car I had a 2008 Dodge Caliber and I am so happy that i traded it. I recently got in an accident with it and it did not cost me more than 500 bucks to fix it myself! and it still runs awesome just like it did before! The manual transmission in it too makes it so much fun to drive and race others all the time cause im first off the line. Fuel economy is great my tank will last me two weeks and im driving everyday to school and work and its only 45 bucks to fill her up. Wouldnt trade her for anything

Fun First Car
By mizmwise on 03/12/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt new and have put 56,000 miles on it. I love it! I'm religious about servicing it and have had zero mechanical problems. I get 40 mpg highway easily. For a relatively inexpensive car it handles great and has decent power. I live where it gets cold as hell in the winter and it starts every morning, and it does alright on the snow and ice. There is pretty limited storage space, and the blindspots are pretty significant. Everything seems pretty solid still. Of course there are little rattles here and there, but nothing crazy. Everything has stayed pretty tight and sealed up. The ride on the highway is smooth and fairly quiet. Overall, I think this is an awesome car!

Snowing in July?? Paint is flaking everywhere!
By blueextc3221 on 08/01/11 07:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased NEW 2009 Garage kept Cobalt LT Black coupe. After only 6 months - clearcoat on aluminum rims bubbling and flaking. Steering wheel/system rattles & thunks over small bumps after about 10K miles (same problem as my '06). Recall "fix" made no difference. I Drive a lot. 64K of today's writing... just noticed a half-dollar sized area of paint bubbling on the roof.... and chrome on the inside passenger door handle that is NEVER used is bubbling. I know I drive a bunch - but these are cosmetic issues GM will not cover after 36K warranty is up. I have 36K in the first 6 months!! Cheap car with cheap plastic parts - and paint issues not isolated to Cobalt. Black is bad on Camaros too.

Cheap parts but reliable ride
By Barbara57 on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

LT 2 sport coupe review: sexy car+reliable under the hood+exterior panels were loose+interior steering wheel neck was broken+new leather seats wouldn't move forward+steering ratio limited>tire too big for wheel space, difficulty making U turns or parking+gas mileage not so good for small car

A Great American Made Car
By MichaelB2009 on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new compact gar with Great MPG. When I went to Vegas in 2008 I rented a Toyota Corolla, Then in 2009 I rented a Focus for a Week then My next Trip I rented a Cobalt, Each one I rented for 7 days & I put on close to 1000 miles in the week going to the Grand Canyon and Red Rock Canyons. Even drove through the Dessert. The Toyota is a death trap,the accelerator stuck on me. The Focus (Mexican Built 1.8 engine) is not as fast and struggles to get up. to speed and has noisy acceleration. The Cobalt 2.2 is the fastest 0-100 & Top Speed hands down. I drove it hard & it impressed me with 32 MPG with Auto Trans.Paid about 11K with all Rebates combined & my 4K GM Card Rebate

I love my Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe!
By Steph&Lou09 on 07/29/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is my first car! Love love love it! It is the best. Hands down. Others are jealous. It's a sexy car. I named him Lou. It has good gas mileage. Never had a problem with it :) Chevy for life!

Nice for the money
By Mike_in_PVD on 12/09/09 05:38 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's quieter than my 07 Honda Civic. So far no problems. I have 8000 miles on it. Gas mileage on the highway is very good. I can maintain 40 mpg on a relative lt flat highway at 60 mph. I do not like the spare tire. There is none. Chevy now provides an air compressor with a bottle of stop leak attached to the compressor. What happens if I get a flat when it's 20 degrees outside? What happens if I get a blowout? I'm going to start calling junk yards for a real spare tire. It will fit in the spare tire wheel well. So why not just provide a real spare and a jack?

BUY THE CAR - GET IT LOADED UP
By PETERSON on 11/17/09 12:03 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. I purchased the LT package with all the bells and whistles. The pioneer stereo is more than adequate. It sounds as good if not better than some Bose systems Ive heard. Love the XM radio. Love the Onstar (Incase of a serious accident)- Has great comfortable leather seats with the 2-stage heat option. (VERY NICE) and airbags everywhere. I got the 17" Chrome style wheels with the Pirelli tires. This car sticks and corners SWEET!!! And I have owned 5 Corvettes!!!! You can take a 40mph curve at 70 and it will rail right around. Awesome!!!Traded a 07 Civic EX and yes the dash was prettier and may last a bit longer but I hands down LOVE the Cobalt much much better. Smooth/Quiet/Awesome

This is my 2nd Cobalt!
By C-57D on 07/29/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say - I bought a 2005 because I needed a car (my '92 Lumina Van croaked at 218000 miles). There was nothing wrong with the '05 but GMAC wanted to get rid of their leases and they made me a good deal! The '09 feels like it has a little more power and is a bit more solid overall than the '05. Never had a problem with either car.

Great Commuter Car and Fun To Drive
By Freddie on 05/27/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the past two months I have been happy to get into my 2009 Chevy Cobalt and drive. There are three things that have impressed me about this car the most, and they are the quietness of the cabin, the strength of the engine at 155 HP and the transmission, being how smooth it is and quiet. There is little to no wind noise at 80 MPH, the engine really responds well and has great passing power when you need it. And the transmission is so smooth whether you are going up or down hills or just cruising on the freeway. The base sound system is great and the steering wheel radio controls make it easy to control when driving. There is plenty of cabins space for a two door.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe in VA is:

$122 per month*