2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Shame about the style.
By Charles on 01/11/10 15:06 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So, one of the most boring faceless cars on the US roads has a hidden heart. its fun to drive, Cheap to own and a good value.I own a 08 Mini, an 08 F150 and find the Manual version of this car nearly as much fun as the Mini and more so than the Ford. BUT drive with care.mine has 29000 miles and is already falling to pieces. its back at the dealers again where they are replacing more of the steering assembly. the chrome has dropped of the interior handle and the door locks are sticking.. ALL IN ALL... its still a good cheap car. the discounts are great.

Cash for Cluncker Deal
By lesrice on 08/02/09 05:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a Fit, Yaris, Soul, G5, and a Focus, the only thing left out there after week one of cash for clunkers were manual Cobalts. It compared well with the other models and got better fuel economy (posted). The G5 had more features for the price, but they were the first cars gone by day 4. The Cobalt doesn't have all the features of the other vehicle, but it does have a trip computer, On Star and XM radio. With rebates, the price was 12,500 before my 4,500 cash for clunkers taking the price to 8,100. I can live with what it doesn't have for that kind of money. Time will tell and I will follow up with future post as we observe real world mileage and wear and tear.

Cobalt XFE Is The Real Deal!
By Ethan on 04/28/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new 2009 Cobalt XFE sedan. I have not seen many of the XFE packaged cars in the sedan bodystyle, so I assume that it is pretty rare. My car is the very base model LS, and the only option I purchased was floormats. It is a very comfortable driving car. It is surprisingly quiet inside (I've been told the sedan version has more headroom and is slightly quieter if that sways your decision). The engine power is great. I have 700 miles on the car and got an average of 40.7 MPG!!! That was on a 60 mile round trip of windy country roads and getting stuck in a little traffic. The mileage amazes me!

Ford Girl, turns Chevy
By michelle n on 03/28/09 13:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded my 2003 Ford Explorer for the 2009 Chevy Cobalt LT XFE 4-door sedan, in sport red, with a manual 5 speed transmission. I love the way this car rides and handles. I especially love the mpg this car gets, I travel 40+miles, six days a week, and I'm averaging 29.9 mpg. Compared to my Explorer, this is like getting gas for half price. Considering this is a compact car, it is extremely roomy, with quite a large trunk. I can't believe how quietly this car travels, with no road noise to be heard. The OnStar is a plus also. Great car for the price. I love it!

39 Mpg right from the Start!
By buffalo Balt on 03/27/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at a few different cars in this class and ended up buying a great Cobalt XFE. The interior door panels are in need of new materials and and a better design. The Chrome door handle and storage are great but the Plastic is so rough you can grate cheese on it. That is the only dislike however about this great car. I looked at an 09 Corolla and that interior looked extremely cheap and was full of bad plastics & poor fitting panels. The cost of the Corolla 5 speed was 14,500 rock bottom price. The Cobalt with all the same equipment plus onstar and XM radio was $11,000 before tax. PLUS the Cobalt is getting 39 mpg in mixed driving &ts not even broken yet. The Cobalt is the way to go.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$137 per month*