2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Cupholders!
By britt369 on 12/18/10 21:57 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I absolutely love this car, its great as a family vehicle BUT the cup holders are TERRIBLE! they are not deep enough for coffee mugs or say a large coffee from dunkin donuts. around sharp turns they spill and fall over every time!

A Driver's Car
By sr001 on 09/07/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car is engaging, it communicates through the steering wheel, suspension and exhaust sound. It does not attract attention, the interior does not communicate (steering wheel blocks freeway speeds and generally no useful notification system, trust onStar). Step on the throttle and it accelerates very quickly, no 'bad boy' behavior, just the rush. On curves, following instinct only, the posted speed limit is generally exceeded (significantly). As a passenger, it is a Chevy Cobalt. It's not a great family car, except that everyone in the family wants to drive it.

CSS Blast!
By alcss on 08/14/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the SS sedan 3 weeks ago. This car is a blast to drive! Have 2500 miles on it already. 3000 pound curb weight and 260hp is a great combo. Turbo-charged ecotec engine is fantastic. Exhaust has a nice rumble on hard acceleration, but it's not tiresome on the highway. Tires, wheels, steering, braking and suspension/handling are all top notch, simply outstanding. This car can really perform and it is so much fun to drive. Seats are amazing. I would recommend this ride to anyone who needs a double extra dose of performance in their daily drive.

A hoot to drive
By 01Z2806TBSS09CSS on 06/11/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I picked up a Cobalt SS Sedan to compliment the 01 Z28 and 06 TrailBlazer SS that I own. I have to say that I am totally impressed with the Cobalt SS. What a surprising car! If I had not seen on at my local track I would never have given owning one a thought. The handling of these cars is second to none. You forget you are in a FWD vehicle. Straight acceleration is a blast and you don't realize how fast you are going due to how stable the car is at speed. Gas mileage is great. With the cruise on at 55 I'm getting 30+ MPG. City I'm getting mid twenties.

So far, exceptional value
By Jake on 11/13/08 11:38 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I also bought "Go"balt during the GM employee price period. Nice incentive to get what turns out to be just about everything I hoped for, even the color I wanted - yellow. Great handling. Only 1600 miles but getting 27.2 mpg last check. Work ride between 40-50 mph at 60 miles each day. Would've liked hatchback. Rear deck just in the way & to hold speakers. Rear spoiler can block vision. I'm 6'-1"+ & seat is comfortable but I must cock my knees just so on entry. Interior a little chintzy but hey, it's a commuter car with go-power. The refig display is different. I have trouble reading it in the variety of color combos it offers. Currently getting dealer installed cat- back system. A kid at 58!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$146 per month*