2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Way to Go Chevrolet

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

Way to Go Chevrolet
By Derek on

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased an 08 Cobalt LS brand new after owning a 1999 Chrysler Sebring Lxi Conv. for 9 months. That car stunk, but this car is great so far. I love the handling and the acceleration, even for an automatic like mine. For a 4 popper, you simply cannot beat it. The car is stylish and bold with many nice features. The engine sounds like a Honda. What blew me away was, however, the performance. I thought that it would have decent acceleration and good handling, but this car, even being the basic LS model, has terrific performance. Driving home from the lot I wanted to try it out, and a guy in a tricked out 07 GTI wanted to go and he enjoyed a view of my tailpipe.

Instrument gauge features, performance, XM satellite. Again, bang for buck, you get a steal when it comes to performance. I can only imagine what the SS package would bring to the table. I also really like the cargo room in the back. In my opinion, it is plenty large. Averaging 34 mpg

Make power windows and door locks standard on all models. Some people might be turned off by the fact that there are no power windows or locks, but seriously, if your payment for a brand new, sharp car is only $220 and you need to spend 2 seconds to role down a window and lock your door, who cares?