Safe Basic Transportation
By Cobalt Owner on
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I got the 4dr Cobalt LT and am pleased with the car so far. The MPG is 24-25 in mixed driving. I have out about 600 miles on it. It took a while to find one that had AntiLock brakes and cruise but I finally did. I was able to get a GM card rebate of 2000 and a GM owner loyalty rebate of 1000 and the standard rebate of 1000 so I walked out of the dealership paying 11200 cash. MSRP Sticker was 16650 with transportation. I am pleased that side airbags were made standard for 2008 (antilock brakes should be too IMHO) The car is quiet compared with a Dodge Caliber I recently rented. Also the Cobalt shifts smoothly. The light grey interior will get dirty fast I think. Back seat is real tight.
Favorite Features
Acceleration is there when needed. Front seat has good legroom if no-one is in back. XM radio free preview is nice. Quiet Ride Price was awesome -- I feel like with the rebates I got that I would've been hard pressed to find a better deal on a comparable car.
Suggested Improvements
Back seat room is crappy cupholders are not ideal 1LT package but still no cabin lights other than overhead and have to reach up to turn this on as opposed to optional control at the dimmer on dash like most cars. Gas mileage is as stated but still pretty crappy for an economy car.