2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: My former Cobalt

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

My former Cobalt
By Melissa on

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my 2008 Cobalt until just weeks ago when it was totaled. The car fully protected me in a head-on collision, airbag deployed, which is a major plus. At 26,000 miles, I had no maintenance issues outside of several annoyances with the radio / digital display. The car was quite reliable, quiet, and did extremely well on long trips. The stock sound was fantastic and the interior, albeit plain, was not bad for the value. The car handled the road very well for the value, also. This was the 2nd Cobalt I've owned in the last 5 years (an '05 previously) and I've not been disappointed. A great, reliable car for the value.

A quiet ride, airbags and crash response (!), roomy trunk, good response, good highway mileage, easy to maintain, good stock radio/XM radio, Revolution package offered good looks/value for exhaust/wheels.

Digital display malfunctioned regularly, Seats provide awful lumbar support, city mileage is so-so, leg room in back is poor, trunk release sometimes will not latch and seats randomly fold down.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review