Great mpg on XFE version
By cobalt_xfe on
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car as a replacement to a 1993 Audi. I drive a lot and needed good fuel economy. I have almost 5000 miles on the car and my calculated mpg is 37.4. The headrests are uncomfortable from the factory (they tip my head forward), but they are easily reversed and quite comfortable when reversed. It is a little tight with 2 teenage boys in the back, but they can make it work. It handles well. It has good acceleration and cornering. I was a little afraid of the low rolling resistance tires, but they seem to perform well. The stereo is adequate, but lacks fidelity in the bass. I suggest the XFE version over the standard. Its performance seems about the same. Minor lines mismatch on hood
Favorite Features
Fuel economy. Handles well. Driver information display. Intelligent oil monitoring. Comfortable driving. Fold down rear seats. Fun to drive. Large trunk. Tire pressure readout. Center armrest. Long oil life. Great commuter car.
Suggested Improvements
Different headrests (they tip to far forward and hurt my neck). The sun visors are too short at window. Give up a couple of inches of trunk space for more backseat leg room. Move information display to the speedometer side for easier reading. Improve the cruise control, I get better mpg without it.