Don't Buy This Car
By mightymouse4 on
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
So I baught this car brand new, needing something good on gas. It's great on gas, getting 36 mpg on the HW, but after owning it only 2 years, it is falling apart! I do all the maintance, change the oil before it's do, and treat it good, but it was a huge mistake. I've had to do the front brakes twice, replace the rotors twice, have the door adjusted, put shocks, ball joints, and a Clutch! Even the dealer told me the clutch is poorly designed, and I'm luckly it lasted that long. Now there is some kind of cluncking in the front, and it's not the struts! I'm working one it every other weekened, and it's only an 08! Oh, by the way, GM does not cover a cluth on the power train warantee!
Favorite Features
Gas milage is great. I get 36 on the open road, and 25 in DC traffic.
Suggested Improvements
Buy something else. Even my radio doesn't work correctly. I only have left speakers working. There is almost NO interior storage space. I've had to redo the entire front suspension system and a clutch at 79K miles! The Stealership wants $2100 min to replace a clutch. Front brakes twice and back brakes at 79K. And now I have to do the CV joints too. If this were a 10 year old car with 160k, sure, but not an '08 with 79K. Do yourself a favor, and buy something else.
By djfunkmasterg
on 12/15/11 04:51 AM (PST)

How hard do you brake? I can make a set of brakes last almost 90,000 miles. You do know that braking is not supposed to be slam on the pedal at the last minute right? Maybe you should get off your cell phone and pay attention to the road. No reason you should go through 2 sets of brakes in a year or 2 unless you are a last minute and heavy braker.