America at its best-wave your flag
By cragman1 on
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I suppose every car has a "target market". I'm not sure if they had me, a 52 yr old family guy who grew up in the 60's in mind, but Chevy won me over with this puppy. I had a lease coming to an end on a 2006 Saturn Ion (which I found to be "acceptable" like some reviews including the editor's note) , so with the incentives offered by GM - it was off to the internet and the pavement. First off, this is a nice car for the money. Saturn dosen't make a poor man's starter model car anymore so the divorce is final there. Chevy still makes a bang for the buck car here. And it kind of looks like a "little Vette" Drives great. Comfortable. Stylish.
Favorite Features
Great looks inside and out. Super comfort for a large driver. Feels expensive. Free 3 months of XM radio which finally solves my anger with commercial radio formats to boot! Great white color match from body to bumpers. Spoiler is right on the mark for setting off visual interest.
Suggested Improvements
Could use power windows as a standard base model feature like my wife's base model Mitsu 05 Lancer and power door locks. But I guess that's marketing stuff. I'll deal with the crank windows for such a modest pricetag.