2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Price and performance
By mcabuyer on 06/11/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a "fun little car". Looked for a 5 speed, and all of the Ford dealers told me to buy one, to test drive one. I found a Cobalt sport litterally 'round the corner. It was the demo of a salesman we just bought an Impala from. He litterally threw me the keys, and told me to take it for a "thrashing". Lots of fun, and good mileage. handles like a race car, and if I keep my foot out of it, I get over 34 mpg. I'm 53, and some kid in an Acura wanted to race, I laughed, and when the light turned green, I laughed. I blew him away. Only item I do not like, is the arm rest. can't get to the parking brake, and the design could be better. I can't imagine the performance of the turbo.

Awsome deal
By krock on 06/10/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since November of 2007. I absolutely love it! Great trunk space, fun to drive, sporty look, awsome gas mileage and great power for a small engine. It even has a 100,000 mile warranty so I have no worries about my purchase. Oh and I love the mp3 input it's very convenient. Great features for a great price.

Cobalt sport coupe
By Bumble bee on 06/04/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt sport coupe. I fell in love with it the day I saw it at the dealership I was working in. It's a quick little beast, I've had Civics trying to match up and I leave them looking at my rear end. It's a nice spoty vehicle with good gas mileage and comfty smooth ride. I have the short shift 5 speed, and it's an awesome machine to drive. I highly recomend it.

Wonderful Car
By JAGXJRPORTFOLIO on 05/27/08 14:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a Jeep Liberty that was getting 13mpg, just couldn't handle it. Was also shopping Saturn Astra, but dealer and factory incentives were too good. Sticker price was 23k paid just over 19k out the door. Manual transmission is a joy to drive with short throws and positive engagement. Engine has good power and torque, although not the quickest revving or smoothest sounding one out there. Fuel economy is outstanding! 28.8 mpg first tank, in a 60% city 40% hwy mix. Very quiet on the inside even with sunroof, also the ride is very comfortable even with sport suspension. Handling is sporty and fun. Seats are comfortable and supportive. Good trunk space.

2008 Cobalt LT
By Ogiee on 05/19/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a nice car. Going from a Sierra to a Cobalt was a jump, but it handles well and is comfortable. I got many features for the money I spent. Well worth the price of the vehicle.

Very nice surprise
By marc on 05/18/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've bought the Cobalt LT for it's good equipment package for the price especially the cruise control and a/c. I think the Cobalt is one of the best keept secrets from GM. The fuel efficiency is better than what GM says. I can do an average of over 650 km with 42-43 litters of fuel 70% highway 30% city (400 miles for 11 us gallons) The ride quality is excellent, very silent inside the car. The room for head is a lot better than my Honda Civic. The 2.2 motor had a lot of power for a subcompact car and a lot more torque than its competitiors. If I had to buy a new car I will re-buy the Cobalt LT for the price vs quality and the warranty 5y/160 000 km

Pleasantly surprised
By Ray on 05/16/08 06:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The last GM car I had was a company issued 2002 Cavalier. So I was vehemently against another GM product when shopping for a new work vehicle. Until I drove the Cobalt. Now I know that I am not going to be scaring any WRX or EVO owners on the roads, but as far as getting from A to B with good mileage and a nice style, it's hard to beat this Cobalt. Plenty of power for any city driver. A very full featured head unit(Aux input!). I was surprised at roll up windows and no power locks, but in the grand scheme of things, I'll take the better radio and forego those options.

Quality Domestic Compact
By Scar on 05/14/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car with the XFE 2.2L engine over achieves the 36 mpg with the 5 speed manual transmission. Actually getting 40+ mpg. Comfort, features, price structure, warranty, and quality compare at or above the cars in its class. I test drove the Focus and Accent the same week I bought the Cobalt. I haven't bought a GM product since 1982, and was pleasently shocked by the product I eventually bought.

Great gas mpg
By ROB on 05/08/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2dr LT for 9,900 the last week in Dec. At 1,500 the driver seat begain to wear on the top half closed to the door. I waited to see what it would do. A 3,300 its really getting bad and I'm taking it in tomorrow. I really like everything about this car. It's short with roll up windows and manuel locks, but for 9,900 plus you cant beat it. I think the car handles fine, I'm fifty and drive the speed limit tho.

TJ's Cobalt
By TJ on 05/07/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2008 LS Cobalt. Nothing fancy, just needed a new commuter for work. Driven mostly on hwy, getting 34mpg right now. With dealer and manufacturer incentives couldn't beat the price anywhere. If there is any "bad" to say about the vehicle it would be storage space Other than the glove box. There is virtually no place to put small things like glasses, pens, change, etc. Would be nice to have a center console arm rest too. But again I'm not complaining when I can purchase a brand new vehicle these days for a little over $11,500. Sweet!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.