Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Not bad
By Rickey Miller

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was expecting better fuel economy. But I only get about 25mpg avg (city and hwy). It's a fun car to drive, and I'll likely put some work into it once the warranty is up, but for now it has little power and poor mileage. Spend the little extra for the LT. I regret that I didn't.

I love the radio included. XM, mp3/wma, and how it does it's presets. Its neat.

Make the armrest standard! Really, it seems silly to not have an armrest. Granted I saved a bit by buying it off another site, but I couldn't live without it now that I put one in. 4 wheel disk brakes would be nice too.

08 Chevy Cobalt
By Chosen1

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Cobalt 3 months ago and I haven't had any problems. It handles great and is the best small sized car from GM. FINALLY GM has learned how to created a small car with great quality.

Sunroof, large trunk, good stereo system, and power windows

More space in the back

Best bang for your buck
By gregp1

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Traded in a 2007 GMC 4x4 pickup due to a job transfer and a 60 mile a day drive to and from work. Took a while to get use to smaller size, I am a 6'2" man, but after a week it is comfortable. Mileage is super, 28 mpg average with spirited driving. Ride comfort is great with SS seats. Handles like it is on rails. Turbo 4 cylinder is fun, runs better than most V8's. To bad GM is stopping production, this car puts a smile on your face.

Turbo charged 4 cylinder, super suspension, great tires, and overall great looks.

Center arm rest and console in stick shift cars. Auto dim inside rear view mirrors

LOVE it!
By SCMCGirl

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a year ago and still LOVE it! I had always driven v8's so was a little concerned about going to a 4 cyl, but was very surprised with how much power it actually has. It also handles very well. I live on back country roads and it takes curves wonderfully. Plenty of trunk space makes traveling easy. Also has a GREAT stereo system. The remote start is also great for warming up or cooling down the interior before getting. The back seat is a little tight though.

Remote start, sunroof, large trunk, stereo system and cruise control.

Ability to lock power windows, more room in the back seat.

Bad in accidents-Not Safe
By LindaA

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am sad to say that I just had an accident in my March 2008 Cobalt. My Cobalt and a Mini Van collided at very low speeds and my car had $7,700 worth of damage. I could not believe how bad the damage was for low speeds of under 25mph. Air bags did not deploy. It was at a residential intersection. I have another 4 years to pay on this having taken out a 5 year loan. I am very upset about it all. I will not buy another Cobalt if they should be available.