2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
great car
By hud on 06/30/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it for a year now and a great car with lots of power. 33 EPA and lots of fun to drive. Fairly loaded for $14000

GM Performance Division - Great Job!
By dwbartlett on 06/29/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The SS has received good if not excellent reviews. I had to drive it myself. After comparing the SS to other's in it's class, it's American built perfomance won it for me. Priced under 25,000 the SS is great bang for the buck. I've only driven mine for a few hundred miles and it has delivered all I have expected. Acceleration, handling and braking have all come easily from the well bolstered bucket seats. Each element of the vehicle has been well thought out from ergonomics to perfomance, nothing seems out of place or missing. From bumper to bumper this vehicle has delivered.

New Cobalt Owner - Love it
By Judyteel on 06/25/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the car and love driving it. The best smooth drive (Civic & Vesra horrible to me) and nice handling. My only negative is you cannot shoot into traffic with it. Nice standard and satellite radio with MP3 hook up. Bought for my teenager but I enjoy driving it. Great price for the money. I could not beat it. Not sure of the gas mileage yet.. Keep posted.

Solid Transport
By Fred on 06/23/08 15:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Runs great, got the basic model but comes well equiped without costly options. Sure it may not be as good as a Honda or Toyota, but costs thousands less. Doesn't get as good gas economy as imports but that's due to more powerful engine. Just drive easy and you will get good economy. After 2 yrs bought another one for another family member.

Best deal on the planet. Great Car.
By Nate on 06/23/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car under 15k, and I knew I was going to be giving up a lot to get it. This would be my daily commuter. After pricing a Civic, 3, Corrolla, and Focus I knew I was in trouble. Wasn't really looking at GM until I saw a Cobalt. I have seen them before but never really paid attention. Took it for a drive and was overly impressed. Got an LT and with options it was 4k less than a Civic with the same options. I love this car more and more, and with the rebates you can't beat the value. Very well built car. I would seriously consider this in lieu of the forementioned cars I was considering unless you are hung up on a name like Honda.

Great Car
By DJ on 06/19/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to say that the Cobalt is a great car. I have had it for about 3 months and I put about 6000 miles on it and I have had no problems. Car runs great and handles well. And for a 4cyl it has some pick up. I do city and highway driving and I am getting an avg of around 30 mpg. When I am on the highway I am getting at least 35 mpg. I wish I would have known the Cobalt XFE was coming out. I would have waited because if I am getting 35 mpg on the highway with the reg Cobalt, the XFE has to be getting atleast 40 mpg on the highway. For around $12,500 you cant go wrong!

Gas Mileage is Bad!
By Boo~ on 06/16/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really love this car, love the look, enjoy the feel of it while driving, having OnStar has been fun- and my daughter loves usign the OnStar phone. Plenty of room for the family dog in the back seat as well. In sport read this car was my idea of a fun car! I get 27.5 miles per gallon using the interstate between home and work, I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. I use cruise control every day and I never get more than 27.5- some folks say they are getting 400 miles out of 11 gallons Yeah I'd like to see that done in person, you have to see it to believe it. Other than the gas issue at 4.12 per gallon I really love this little car.

Price and performance
By mcabuyer on 06/11/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a "fun little car". Looked for a 5 speed, and all of the Ford dealers told me to buy one, to test drive one. I found a Cobalt sport litterally 'round the corner. It was the demo of a salesman we just bought an Impala from. He litterally threw me the keys, and told me to take it for a "thrashing". Lots of fun, and good mileage. handles like a race car, and if I keep my foot out of it, I get over 34 mpg. I'm 53, and some kid in an Acura wanted to race, I laughed, and when the light turned green, I laughed. I blew him away. Only item I do not like, is the arm rest. can't get to the parking brake, and the design could be better. I can't imagine the performance of the turbo.

Awsome deal
By krock on 06/10/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since November of 2007. I absolutely love it! Great trunk space, fun to drive, sporty look, awsome gas mileage and great power for a small engine. It even has a 100,000 mile warranty so I have no worries about my purchase. Oh and I love the mp3 input it's very convenient. Great features for a great price.

Cobalt sport coupe
By Bumble bee on 06/04/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt sport coupe. I fell in love with it the day I saw it at the dealership I was working in. It's a quick little beast, I've had Civics trying to match up and I leave them looking at my rear end. It's a nice spoty vehicle with good gas mileage and comfty smooth ride. I have the short shift 5 speed, and it's an awesome machine to drive. I highly recomend it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt in WA is:

$167 per month*