2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Unbelievable Value
By Tomster on 09/21/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Given the extremely low sticker price, I don't see how anyone with reasonable expectations could be disappointed with a Cobalt. I bought my LS 4 Dr Sedan with auto tranny on June 3, 2008. The sticker price was only $15,530, with the auto tranny and the spoiler being the only options. There was also a $2000 rebate at the time. I cannot believe what a sweet little car that Cobalt has turned out to be, especially considering the low sticker price. I bought the car purely for fuel economy, but I ended up with a car that is really fun to drive. It has amazing acceleration for a gas sipper, a quiet ride, a huge trunk, good handling, and great looks. I am totally pleased with this car!

Sweet Chevy Ride
By somnambulist on 09/19/08 03:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Chevy has hit the mark with the Cobalt SS. It's a great bargain, with amazing acceleration, a great stick, and a pretty kicking speaker system.

08 Cobalt SS user review
By Superbrowndude on 09/18/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car, fun to drive. For the money you will not find a more powerful car from the factory with 260hp at 5200 rpm.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 09/08/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car to drive to work and school. Bought it brand new. Previously owned a Chevy Lumina for many years. I think the best indicator in do you really like your car is, Would you buy it again? My answer to this one is an absolute NO. I disliked this car so much that after two months of owning and 3000 miles later, I traded it in on a used Subaru. The Cobalt is just another version of the Yugo. At least that's how I felt when driving. Everything in the Cobalt looks and feels cheap, like it wasn't very well thought out. My new line is "I would rather drive a used Subaru than a brand new Cobalt."

Best value ever
By gr on 09/06/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A pleasant surprise. XFE coupe getting 32 city, 40 highway mpg with careful driving. Paid $11,600. Very comfortable seats, high quality fit and finish. XM radio. Driver Info center. Big trunk. I can't imagine a Toyota or Honda being a better value than this. Chevy's best kept secret.

Handles and looks great!
By Astrid on 09/03/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car one of the best cars. It handles very good like you're driving on air. It's so fast and the sunroof I got to say is a excellent feature epspecialy here in Flordia. The opitions on the wheel such as changing the station on the radio is a brilliant idea when it comes to driving. The interior is beautiful and nice.

Love it!
By racegirl on 09/03/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I have bought on my own. I love it. It is sporty and very realiable. Very good gas mileage!

Love the little car
By Great Rig on 08/25/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car to get me from point A to point B safely and it does just that. I've kept my foot off the gas and manage about 33-34 to the gallon for an average. The car handles well, I have power when I need it. It is fairly comfortable considering that I am six one and I drive a couple hours solid every day to get to work. I don't even hit my head on the roof. Only problem I have had is the bolts that hold on the front bumper started to go loose after 6500 miles with half the miles spent on dirt roads.

2008 Cobalt XFE Sedan comments
By john weiss on 08/22/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only put on 2100 miles and am pleased with how the vehicle runs and the fuel mileage. It is the basic lowest cost Cobalt XFE sedan with air and manual tranny. At 75mph average on the freeway, it will deliver 34 mpg +/- 3mpg depending on with the wind or against. Has turned in 39.7mpg on 160 mile trip driving at 60 mph on freeway. Vehicle was purchased as a run around unit with trips not longer than 3 hours thus comfort (i.e. as in our Town & Country Van) was not a priority. It has fairly predictable handling with a quiet ride and is not buzzy as was found with some small foreign vehicles in this size.

You don't get what you pay for
By Marie on 08/21/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Cheaply made. Interior is uncomfortable and made of substandard materials. Visibility out the back window is horrid. It angles upward so you don't get a clear view of what is behind you. For everyday commuting in a flat area it is a fine car. It performs horridly in hilly areas and mountains. Definitely does not handle winding roads well as it does not hug the road on turns. I am trading this in for a either a Ford Focus or a Toyota Corolla.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.