Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

A Champion car
By Ryan

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a while ago and I love it, I have the LT edition and I get 36 on the highway, even though my car is packed full of stuff(I'm currently moving). Great acceleration and breaking. The only downside is that it gets uncomfortable on long road trips.

Radio, Cruise, gas mileage

Decided on a Cobalt
By Lenny

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a couple of months ago to replace my gas guzzling alero. however i'm only getting 450km a tank in my car :( and i'm only driving it highway to school and back so that was really disappointing. HUGE trunk and the car is really nice both inside and out and is fun to drive and reliable. sporty and fairly peppy for a 2.2

interior and deck, taillights. tire pressure gauge, fuel economy, and fuel range left in tank, oil life gauge.

arm rests, bigger lip to the trunk for easier access. 5 bolt rims instead of 4.

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

On Steering wheel cruise and radio control. Nice big trunk.

More leg room in the back. Bigger trunk opening.

Just bougt an 08
By LongDriver

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought an 08 Cobalt and for the money boy am I happy. I'm a long distance commuter (200 miles one way) and the gas savings are great (31.8 avg mpg driving 60 to 65 half in the hills and half in the flatlands). I'm 6ft 225 and there is ample room for my 3 hour drive. All I wanted was a cruise control, automatic transmission, and an AC. I ended up with a full featured car including heated leather seats, sunroof, power everything, pioneer sound system with a big ole subwoofer. Steering is tight, brakes responsive, and plenty of get-up-and-go when I need it. For the money I spent I'm one happy Chevy Dude.

GAS GAS GAS savings!!!! Easy to drive, ipod compatible, everything powered, sunroof, information readout for individual tire pressure, coolant temp, avg mpg, instant mpg, miles, range.

Inside door handles are a little cheap feeling and there is no trunk light which makes packing in the early morning darkness sometimes a little cumbersome.

Good
By smp429

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 08 cobalt in 2009 with approximately 29000 miles. I do about 90% highway driving and get between 31.5 and 32.5 mile to the gallon which is so much better than my jeep. The car is fun to drive and overall has been great to own. The only draw back is that one of the hubcaps fell off after one month.

Good gas mileage and good performance.

Gas tank on the drivers side.