Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Better than I thought when I bought it
By soupysales

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have an LT package XFE (5M), so I've got the electric windows and the center armrest. The car is quiet, handling is solid as a rock even at high speeds, and the hard seats are comfortable on long trips. Trunk room is spacious, but the opening is small. The 2.2 will scoot if you wind it up, which you can do with the manual transmission. This is a great car, lots of fun to drive, plenty of front seat room, and great mileage. Under the skin, the Cobalt is an Opel Astra, so if you like the personality of German cars, you'll like this one. For the price that Chevy sells them for, it's a bargain.

Power and handling are superb. XM radio is a pleasant standard feature.

Telescoping steering wheel

Cobalt
By Sarge

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2008 Cobalt because fuel at the time of purchase was at the all time high. So far I do like the vehicle, but it is terrible in snow and ice but most vehicles this size probably are. I have experienced premature wear on the drivers seat at 5000 miles and 6 months service.

MPG, silver color, appearance and performance, on board computerized readout advising of tire pressure, oil change frequency, air temp and much more.

More comfortable front seats, and more quality material in the upholstery other then this, the car is a reliable GM product so far

Great car for price, needs work
By Brittany

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. For being a young female it's great, a lot better than my old Escort. It does need a little help though. I don't have a lot of rear seat passengers but they could've given the rear more leg room. Very roomy in front. Only problem I'm having is with the brakes. Yes, after 6500 miles the rotors got warped. Composite rotors with semi metallic pads don't combine well. It's a nice little car for me, rides smooth (other than the brake issue), good on gas and comfy for a tall person like me. Decent style outside for the price. I paid for what I got. Not much to complain about with it.

Leg room in the front, XM radio. Decent trunk space. Good grip steering wheel. Good acceleration. Overall nice.

Change the brakes on this thing! The rotors are too soft for the hard pads! I'm tired of having them fixed. Make more room in the back for passengers not in a car seat.

Excellent car for the money
By balt lover

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car nearly 7 months ago, and it has completely surpassed my expectations. I am just over 6 feet tall, and of all the small cars I tested this one felt the most comfortable to me. It is extremely fun to drive, and even with my heavy foot, I average about 28 mpg in town, and have gotten as much as 38 on the highway. I would highly recomend this car to anyone looking for an econobox that is a kick to drive.

MP3 player, terrific warranty, and safety options

None, great value!

Unbelievable Value
By Tomster

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Given the extremely low sticker price, I don't see how anyone with reasonable expectations could be disappointed with a Cobalt. I bought my LS 4 Dr Sedan with auto tranny on June 3, 2008. The sticker price was only $15,530, with the auto tranny and the spoiler being the only options. There was also a $2000 rebate at the time. I cannot believe what a sweet little car that Cobalt has turned out to be, especially considering the low sticker price. I bought the car purely for fuel economy, but I ended up with a car that is really fun to drive. It has amazing acceleration for a gas sipper, a quiet ride, a huge trunk, good handling, and great looks. I am totally pleased with this car!

Fuel economy, acceleration, ride comfort, handling, trunk room, styling, driver information center (trip odometer, average MPG, oil life monitor, fuel range, etc.)

Are you kidding? The Cobalt is an amazing car for its price. I don't see how they were able to make the car as nice as it is for the money.