2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Do Not Believe Baised Magazine Writers
By msl8129 on 04/27/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices the way up we decide to shop for a fuel efficent vehicle. We looked at many cars and the Cobalt is a great little car. Please compare it with the foregin cars in the same class. You will find out how much more you get with the Cobalt and at a great price. The 2.2L 4cly has plenty of power to get on the freeways and has a smooth ride with good breaking, and great handling. Look at standard features you get with the Cobalt more HP, XM radio, side curtain air bags, 5 yr/1,000,000 power train. I have not owned a GM vehicle since 1984. GM has greatly improved I am very happy with this vehicle. Keep making these cars in the US. It's a great product.

Still breaking in
By Greg on 04/22/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt LS sedan has 4 speed automatic. Pickup is smooth. The whole car is so quiet inside it's scary. Some change from my '86 Aries. The bucket seats are very firm, but supportive - great for my back. The ride is much stiffer than that of the Aries, but the Cobalt takes curves much better. I don't like not being able to tell where the front end of the car is, so there's some tension getting into tight places. Because of the rear headrests, visibility when backing up is a bit of a chore. The power steering is nice, with enough feel to it, but because the steering wheel is small, it takes more cranking when parking. Heavy city driving gives 18mpg, same as the Aries. I hope this improves.

Great car!
By Lewis on 04/03/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We managed to find what is apparently the only 5-speed manual with ABS in existence! The sticker was $16,185 and we paid $11,700 after various rebates and discounts. This is an amazing small car. Excellent quality, very stylish interior with so many gadgets and gizmos standard I can't believe it, including 6 airbags! I don't think there is any other small car on the market that can compete with the Cobalt. The engine is powerful, ride is smooth, crisp, and quiet. And great quality. Toyota? Honda? No way. Would never get a car this good for the price.

Peaceful Car
By Ronna on 04/02/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a 2008 Cobalt LS sedan, and its wonderful! It's great on gas and comforatble. I feel safe and secure in my new car. It's a perfect car for me, someone who likes to drive a lot and don't mind taking other people with me. It is a small car and though it does not look like it, it does have a lot of room for passengers without feeling cramped. It also tells you everything about the car with the push of a button :tire pressure in each tire, mileage left before needing gas, temp outside, avrg speed. Also, it is great with the fact that it is inslated well from the outside. I hear no wind noise or normal engine noise, so it's a nice quite ride when I want it to be. I love it!

My Car
By John Smyth on 03/17/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Seats aren't very comfortable. No center armrest. It's very strange driving a vehicle with no center armrest, and no power mirrors or windows. Power windows should be standard, its a real pain in the neck and also dangerous trying to adjust the mirrors.

Safe Basic Transportation
By Cobalt Owner on 02/06/08 07:35 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 4dr Cobalt LT and am pleased with the car so far. The MPG is 24-25 in mixed driving. I have out about 600 miles on it. It took a while to find one that had AntiLock brakes and cruise but I finally did. I was able to get a GM card rebate of 2000 and a GM owner loyalty rebate of 1000 and the standard rebate of 1000 so I walked out of the dealership paying 11200 cash. MSRP Sticker was 16650 with transportation. I am pleased that side airbags were made standard for 2008 (antilock brakes should be too IMHO) The car is quiet compared with a Dodge Caliber I recently rented. Also the Cobalt shifts smoothly. The light grey interior will get dirty fast I think. Back seat is real tight.

LT
By Matt on 01/29/08 06:06 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the color of the vehicle and the radio. It has good acceleration and abs brakes grab smoothly. So far fuel economy has been great. The computer in dash is real nice. This car will make a nice commuter car

Seems great so far
By sdencar on 12/24/07 00:16 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car after only 2 days. I'm 6'3" and this is the only car in the price class that I can comfortably fit in. Merges onto the highway very well, even from uphill on ramps. Very little room for rear seat passengers. Cheap plastics inside, but you get what you pay for in that area. I haven't ridden in the passenger seat, but my 5'10" girlfriend said it's plenty comfortable.

2008 Cobalt LT
By Mike Nug on 11/29/07 13:07 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this over the Corrola and Civic. My last tank of gas averaged 34.2mpg. The dash layout at great and the storage bins are layed out well. This is not a speed demon but can handle highway merges fine.

2008 Chevy Cobalt - Great Value
By Andy on 09/18/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I chose the 2008 Cobalt LT based on its standard features, fuel economy, and low price. The Cobalt has nice sleek lines and a very simple aesthetic appeal. It's super peppy for a 2.2 liter and has an awesome turning radius. Highway noise is minimal and has a very smooth ride. I'm getting 34 MPG highway and about 26 MPG city.