Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

My best investment in a car
By ofrae

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I think U.S cars have been underrated. Sometimes i get 76 mpg inst. Don't waste money on phony hybrids. Cobalt is the best kept secret in cars. It's very roomy inside, i cant believe it's a compact car and plenty of leg room. It's worth every single penny.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

none

Love my Cobalt
By special edition

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 2nd cobalt[1st 2005 and loved it till it got t-boned repaired then got rear ended and totaled]. My 08 cobalt was an improvement over the 05, as it has more pickup and highway mileage is 33miles/gal and it is an automatic. Inside is very comfortable and with the wood grain dash board and side panels it has a great look. Since my 05 cobalt kept me with miner injuries 1st accident and kept me from being really hurt when reared by an SUV at 47miles/hr in my 2nd accident, I am very happy with the cobalt!

Favorite Features

great gas mileage and safety

Comfortable
By Jabel

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car straight from the dealer. I wanted to get many options without shelling to much money. I have all the options with a low monthly plan. I had some trouble in the beginning like a leaking windshield, alarm kept ringing, and unbalanced. I find the car very comfortable, reliable and the sound system is quiet nice. For the price I'm paying I find it satisfactory.

Favorite Features

Sound system, interior/exterior design, comfort, steering

Suggested Improvements

Tiny rust spots on the body after the first winter. Cannot turn on recycled air circulation without the use of the AC.

Good car for the $$
By Chevy loyal

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Cobalt new in 2008. Got a great deal & are very happy. We had one thing wrong with the mirrors when we first got it but taken care of quick and easy. Our cobalt is a manual & we get about 34-37 mpg on the highway, 30-33 in city. (depending on who is driving). Overall a good car, just not a lot of room in the back seat.

Favorite Features

gas mileage & trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

more leg room in the back

Cobalt Impresses
By Kormie

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun, neat, car to drive. Had to semi- retire my Shane Mobile (Crown Vic) for something more emphasis on MPG. I am averaging about 29 Miles/ gallon, with about 70% highway driving. I have noticed on the instant mpg, up hills goes down drastically. But so far saving about $100 bucks week on gas. so after paying for insurance, and a $217 car payment, still spending less to ride this one. The info center is neat as it tracks mpg average, Oil Life, and Instant mpg so you can learn best driving practices maximize mpg. Getting about 340 miles on a 12 gallon tank. I'm not a music buff, but sound system sounds great. Crossing my fingers and toes.

Favorite Features

Adequate room for a compact. Great steering control. Nimble and the 2.2 liter lets you give it a punch when you need to.

Suggested Improvements

Interior Build in some areas (door handles, some compartment not sure on lower left of driver side seems be broken.