2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Absolute Success
By Phil on 04/21/09 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: 2.2L ECOtec with the 5sp. is a very quick engine for what it is. A+ on the engine. Suspension needs work, too soft in the corners but smooth ride. The rear drums on mine constantly need adjustment. Comfort: I just drove from Ohio to Wyoming and back non-stop and had no problems with comfort. Fuel: For some reason, the higher the RPM's the worse my mileage... still get 26-7 Driveability: This car is a blast for what it is. Design:Exterior looks excellent except for the lame front bumper. Interior is well constructed and looks good but cheap materials were used. Build: Definitely built well Reliability: A couple minor things needed replaced but covered by warantee NICE CAR!

Rollover and walk away
By mike on 12/10/08 15:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my 18 year old daughter for her high school graduation. She loved it and we loved the cost. Last Sunday she had an accident on the highway in which she hit some black ice. Smashed into a wall. And than the car rolled over landing on the roof. She was wearing her seatbelt. Thank God. Without a scratch she gets out of the car. Calls me first and than called 911. I arrived before the emergency services and she was sittinbg on the side of the road with out a scratch on her. Needless to say that after the insurance pays off I will be getting her another Cobalt. This car did a great job in protecting my kid and it will do the same for yours, buy American. All in all I cant thank Chevy caring enough and not cheaping out on the safety aspect of this little economy car

Cobalt XFE
By Bob on 12/01/08 05:37 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

XFE (5 speed) is tuned for highway driving. Flat terrain at 58mpg = 38-42mpg. Subtract 4-5 mpg for air conditioner! Poor in town mpg (23-26). Not good for stop and go commuting in a hot climate. Enjoy XM radio. Good seat adjustments (up/down, back-forth, tilt-lumbar). Chevy. Get rid of Coupe design. Dangerous, cannot see out of back, especially with worthless spoiler. Change to hatchback. Trunk is deep, but opening is miniscule. Can't even put a standard cooler chest in it. Poor access to rear seats. Also Chevy failed to support the XFE sedan. Could not find 1 in the whole US! Corporate didn't know either. Inexcusible. No wonder they are bankrupt!

08 Cobalt LS - glad I bought it
By norb on 11/11/08 12:42 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good, solid car overall. Fun to drive, reasonably priced compared to the competition, and easy on gas. I've put about 5000 miles on the car and have had no problems. I've been getting 25-26 mpg around town, 31 mpg on longer trips, and I do have a habit of standing on the gas!

Best value ever
By gr on 09/06/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A pleasant surprise. XFE coupe getting 32 city, 40 highway mpg with careful driving. Paid $11,600. Very comfortable seats, high quality fit and finish. XM radio. Driver Info center. Big trunk. I can't imagine a Toyota or Honda being a better value than this. Chevy's best kept secret.

Handles and looks great!
By Astrid on 09/03/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car one of the best cars. It handles very good like you're driving on air. It's so fast and the sunroof I got to say is a excellent feature epspecialy here in Flordia. The opitions on the wheel such as changing the station on the radio is a brilliant idea when it comes to driving. The interior is beautiful and nice.

Love it!
By racegirl on 09/03/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I have bought on my own. I love it. It is sporty and very realiable. Very good gas mileage!

Love it so far
By Steve on 08/12/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way it looks, drives and performs. Pioneer speaker system is fabulous. On the down side, sunroof doesn't seem to fit too snug, there is no cancel button for the cruise control, and the built in cell phone is not blue tooth enabled, so I have to buy their minutes at .35c apiece and use a different phone number.

Great First New Car
By Patrick on 07/30/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2LT coupe in black with the appearance package, so it looks like a sport or SS, but sadly doesn't handle or perform quite the same. I definitely prefer performance and handling over the interior styling or comfort, but I also want the car to look good, and my Cobalt does both. It has response, even when compared to my old Volvo 850 Turbo. The handling is smooth, which makes this car fun on back country roads. My mom has the sedan sport, and even though she has the Pioneer speakers, mine still get super loud and have excellent bass.

Buy a Cobalt!
By Jenny on 07/21/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I overall love my little Cobalt. I bought a brand new 2008 Cobalt LT coupe, and now have 1,500 miles on it. I recently got it to 41 MPG average on the highway with the cruise control on. I got 0% interest for 60 months, so it was a smart buy too. I always liked the Cavaliars, but these feel less cheap, and more roomy. I got the dark Blue Metallic, and it really sparkles. The color is my favorite part, but hard to keep clean. I would have opted for the darker seats too, I got my light seats sprayed with a special scotch guard type spray with a warranty to keep the interior looking nice. Spoiler makes it dangerously hard to see out of back, but love the ways it makes the exterior look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.