Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

A Champion car
By Ryan

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a while ago and I love it, I have the LT edition and I get 36 on the highway, even though my car is packed full of stuff(I'm currently moving). Great acceleration and breaking. The only downside is that it gets uncomfortable on long road trips.

Radio, Cruise, gas mileage

Decided on a Cobalt
By Lenny

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a couple of months ago to replace my gas guzzling alero. however i'm only getting 450km a tank in my car :( and i'm only driving it highway to school and back so that was really disappointing. HUGE trunk and the car is really nice both inside and out and is fun to drive and reliable. sporty and fairly peppy for a 2.2

interior and deck, taillights. tire pressure gauge, fuel economy, and fuel range left in tank, oil life gauge.

arm rests, bigger lip to the trunk for easier access. 5 bolt rims instead of 4.

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

On Steering wheel cruise and radio control. Nice big trunk.

More leg room in the back. Bigger trunk opening.

Good
By smp429

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 08 cobalt in 2009 with approximately 29000 miles. I do about 90% highway driving and get between 31.5 and 32.5 mile to the gallon which is so much better than my jeep. The car is fun to drive and overall has been great to own. The only draw back is that one of the hubcaps fell off after one month.

Good gas mileage and good performance.

Gas tank on the drivers side.

My former Cobalt
By Melissa

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my 2008 Cobalt until just weeks ago when it was totaled. The car fully protected me in a head-on collision, airbag deployed, which is a major plus. At 26,000 miles, I had no maintenance issues outside of several annoyances with the radio / digital display. The car was quite reliable, quiet, and did extremely well on long trips. The stock sound was fantastic and the interior, albeit plain, was not bad for the value. The car handled the road very well for the value, also. This was the 2nd Cobalt I've owned in the last 5 years (an '05 previously) and I've not been disappointed. A great, reliable car for the value.

A quiet ride, airbags and crash response (!), roomy trunk, good response, good highway mileage, easy to maintain, good stock radio/XM radio, Revolution package offered good looks/value for exhaust/wheels.

Digital display malfunctioned regularly, Seats provide awful lumbar support, city mileage is so-so, leg room in back is poor, trunk release sometimes will not latch and seats randomly fold down.