2008 Cobalt Sport
By Marc on
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
When I looked at the Cobalt, it was for the savings in both monthly payment, and gas money. However, the Cobalt surprised me with how fun it is to drive. The 5-speed manual transmission is smooth as can be, and the acceleration is as good as my '01 Celica GTS. The ride is very smooth and outside noise is minimal, even at 85- 90mph. The stereo system was a huge plus for me as well. I was not expecting a 7 speaker system with a sub in the trunk. I would have preferred Sirius over XM, (sorry Howard) but the sound of the system is excellent. Dashboard Info Centre is more interesting to flip through than network TV. First American car I've owned in more than 10 years, and so far so good!
Favorite Features
Love the Pioneer stereo system! The overall layout of all dash controls - all very easy to reach and operate while driving. Large enough trunk to fit the golf bag! Fit, finish and styling are a plus.
Suggested Improvements
I would have opted for a better tire choice than the standard Pirelli's. Sirius over XM radio. Getting picky here - but I keep looking for the stereo controls on left side of steering wheel and cruise control on the right. Handbrake is a bit tricky being under the armrest.