Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Excellent car for the money
By balt lover

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car nearly 7 months ago, and it has completely surpassed my expectations. I am just over 6 feet tall, and of all the small cars I tested this one felt the most comfortable to me. It is extremely fun to drive, and even with my heavy foot, I average about 28 mpg in town, and have gotten as much as 38 on the highway. I would highly recomend this car to anyone looking for an econobox that is a kick to drive.

Favorite Features

MP3 player, terrific warranty, and safety options

Suggested Improvements

None, great value!

Unbelievable Value
By Tomster

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Given the extremely low sticker price, I don't see how anyone with reasonable expectations could be disappointed with a Cobalt. I bought my LS 4 Dr Sedan with auto tranny on June 3, 2008. The sticker price was only $15,530, with the auto tranny and the spoiler being the only options. There was also a $2000 rebate at the time. I cannot believe what a sweet little car that Cobalt has turned out to be, especially considering the low sticker price. I bought the car purely for fuel economy, but I ended up with a car that is really fun to drive. It has amazing acceleration for a gas sipper, a quiet ride, a huge trunk, good handling, and great looks. I am totally pleased with this car!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, acceleration, ride comfort, handling, trunk room, styling, driver information center (trip odometer, average MPG, oil life monitor, fuel range, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding? The Cobalt is an amazing car for its price. I don't see how they were able to make the car as nice as it is for the money.

Sweet Chevy Ride
By somnambulist

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Chevy has hit the mark with the Cobalt SS. It's a great bargain, with amazing acceleration, a great stick, and a pretty kicking speaker system.

Favorite Features

Being able to get the car and color with I wanted for almost no cost

08 Cobalt SS user review
By Superbrowndude

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car, fun to drive. For the money you will not find a more powerful car from the factory with 260hp at 5200 rpm.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, 6 disc in dash mp3 player, factory 7 speaker with Pioneer 10inch sub. Brembo 4 piston calipers in the front, and the tires stick really well on a dry day.

Suggested Improvements

The bland interor could use a face lift. It's not the most user friendly trunk.

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car to drive to work and school. Bought it brand new. Previously owned a Chevy Lumina for many years. I think the best indicator in do you really like your car is, Would you buy it again? My answer to this one is an absolute NO. I disliked this car so much that after two months of owning and 3000 miles later, I traded it in on a used Subaru. The Cobalt is just another version of the Yugo. At least that's how I felt when driving. Everything in the Cobalt looks and feels cheap, like it wasn't very well thought out. My new line is "I would rather drive a used Subaru than a brand new Cobalt."

Favorite Features

I was able to get rid of it fairly easily. The dealerships love to sell these to unsuspecting buyers who think they are getting a great car.

Suggested Improvements

Stop selling this car, Steering and handling is way below the standard of where it should be for this model year. Scrap the whole idea of the Colbalt and try a new design. This car is not even up to the standard of the Cavalier it replaced.