Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Peaceful Car
By Ronna on 04/02/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a 2008 Cobalt LS sedan, and its wonderful! It's great on gas and comforatble. I feel safe and secure in my new car. It's a perfect car for me, someone who likes to drive a lot and don't mind taking other people with me. It is a small car and though it does not look like it, it does have a lot of room for passengers without feeling cramped. It also tells you everything about the car with the push of a button :tire pressure in each tire, mileage left before needing gas, temp outside, avrg speed. Also, it is great with the fact that it is inslated well from the outside. I hear no wind noise or normal engine noise, so it's a nice quite ride when I want it to be. I love it!

3 months on...
By cragman1 on 04/01/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second review, having owned it for three months. My first review was from the new ownership perspective. This one is from the "getting used to it" side. I can honestly say that the Cobalt LS automatic coupe with a rear raised spoiler just keeps getting better from several perspectives. It looks a lot more expensive than it was (based on public reaction). It feels more expensive than it was (based on my owning a Mitsubishi as well and riding in Toyotas I don't own). And it performs as though it was a lot more expensive.

My Car
By John Smyth on 03/17/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Seats aren't very comfortable. No center armrest. It's very strange driving a vehicle with no center armrest, and no power mirrors or windows. Power windows should be standard, its a real pain in the neck and also dangerous trying to adjust the mirrors.

Safe Basic Transportation
By Cobalt Owner on 02/06/08 07:35 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 4dr Cobalt LT and am pleased with the car so far. The MPG is 24-25 in mixed driving. I have out about 600 miles on it. It took a while to find one that had AntiLock brakes and cruise but I finally did. I was able to get a GM card rebate of 2000 and a GM owner loyalty rebate of 1000 and the standard rebate of 1000 so I walked out of the dealership paying 11200 cash. MSRP Sticker was 16650 with transportation. I am pleased that side airbags were made standard for 2008 (antilock brakes should be too IMHO) The car is quiet compared with a Dodge Caliber I recently rented. Also the Cobalt shifts smoothly. The light grey interior will get dirty fast I think. Back seat is real tight.

LT
By Matt on 01/29/08 06:06 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the color of the vehicle and the radio. It has good acceleration and abs brakes grab smoothly. So far fuel economy has been great. The computer in dash is real nice. This car will make a nice commuter car

America at its best-wave your flag
By cragman1 on 01/29/08 03:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I suppose every car has a "target market". I'm not sure if they had me, a 52 yr old family guy who grew up in the 60's in mind, but Chevy won me over with this puppy. I had a lease coming to an end on a 2006 Saturn Ion (which I found to be "acceptable" like some reviews including the editor's note) , so with the incentives offered by GM - it was off to the internet and the pavement. First off, this is a nice car for the money. Saturn dosen't make a poor man's starter model car anymore so the divorce is final there. Chevy still makes a bang for the buck car here. And it kind of looks like a "little Vette" Drives great. Comfortable. Stylish.

2008 Chevy Cobalt Coupe LT
By Pam on 01/23/08 17:13 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Even though I've only owned my Cobalt for 33 days, its performance and appearance(Revolution Edition Package) is outstanding. I'm 4'9" and i have the seat all the way up, which puts me very close to the airbag should it go off I'll be in big trouble. The acceleration outdoes my previous vehicle, which was a 2005 Trailblazer LS 4-wheel drive. I own a 2.2L DOHC 4 speed automatic,not a 5M.

Sport
By JohnS on 01/08/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far, so good. Like other reviews, I am also pleased with the leg room in this car for the driver. The back seats have little room when the seat are all the way back though. However, this car ended up being perfect for me. Although the sport costs a bit more, it was well worth the upgrades: better stereo, wheels, tires, sunroof, auto-gnition, etc. Acceleration is great too.

Great Car for the Money
By Christian on 01/01/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The performance of the car is great. Handling is also great for an economy car, specially compared to the previous year and competitors. This car will be excellent for autocross.

Seems great so far
By sdencar on 12/24/07 00:16 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car after only 2 days. I'm 6'3" and this is the only car in the price class that I can comfortably fit in. Merges onto the highway very well, even from uphill on ramps. Very little room for rear seat passengers. Cheap plastics inside, but you get what you pay for in that area. I haven't ridden in the passenger seat, but my 5'10" girlfriend said it's plenty comfortable.