2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2008 Cobalt LT
By spider on 05/05/08 18:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the powerful engine and great performance. Interior of vehicle lacks some quality as far as comfort level goes but looks great.

Do Not Believe Baised Magazine Writers
By msl8129 on 04/27/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices the way up we decide to shop for a fuel efficent vehicle. We looked at many cars and the Cobalt is a great little car. Please compare it with the foregin cars in the same class. You will find out how much more you get with the Cobalt and at a great price. The 2.2L 4cly has plenty of power to get on the freeways and has a smooth ride with good breaking, and great handling. Look at standard features you get with the Cobalt more HP, XM radio, side curtain air bags, 5 yr/1,000,000 power train. I have not owned a GM vehicle since 1984. GM has greatly improved I am very happy with this vehicle. Keep making these cars in the US. It's a great product.

Great Little Chevy
By Cookie on 04/26/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my new Cobalt. I've rented several during trips and it's excellent on freeways, tight turning the corners, fits well in tight spots and has lots of power for a compact car. Very stylish - love the round rear lights.

Excellent Car
By FD on 04/23/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car for commuting and everyday driving. Roomy, quiet, and comfortable. Good acceleration with 4- sp auto. Hondas and Toyotas are way overrated!

Still breaking in
By Greg on 04/22/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt LS sedan has 4 speed automatic. Pickup is smooth. The whole car is so quiet inside it's scary. Some change from my '86 Aries. The bucket seats are very firm, but supportive - great for my back. The ride is much stiffer than that of the Aries, but the Cobalt takes curves much better. I don't like not being able to tell where the front end of the car is, so there's some tension getting into tight places. Because of the rear headrests, visibility when backing up is a bit of a chore. The power steering is nice, with enough feel to it, but because the steering wheel is small, it takes more cranking when parking. Heavy city driving gives 18mpg, same as the Aries. I hope this improves.

Desperate salesman sells a car
By Justin on 04/14/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far driving in this car I have seen that getting to 50 is quite an effort. I also feel a lag while trying to get to 70 on the interstate. The ride is smooth and the radio is nice. I like the hepa filter the AC/Heater has is a nice feature for an allergy sufferer I am. The seats are not as comfortable as my Escape. The car does at some points keep its energy enough to allow me to move up the interstate with the flow which is good.

Awesome Car!
By Erich on 04/10/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second car and it is a great choice. There is enough room for 4 people to fit comfortably. A little small for the back seat if you're really tall but other than that lots of room back there. I like that it has a lot of good features standard on this years model.

2008 Cobalt Sport
By Marc on 04/08/08 02:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I looked at the Cobalt, it was for the savings in both monthly payment, and gas money. However, the Cobalt surprised me with how fun it is to drive. The 5-speed manual transmission is smooth as can be, and the acceleration is as good as my '01 Celica GTS. The ride is very smooth and outside noise is minimal, even at 85- 90mph. The stereo system was a huge plus for me as well. I was not expecting a 7 speaker system with a sub in the trunk. I would have preferred Sirius over XM, (sorry Howard) but the sound of the system is excellent. Dashboard Info Centre is more interesting to flip through than network TV. First American car I've owned in more than 10 years, and so far so good!

Great car!
By Lewis on 04/03/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We managed to find what is apparently the only 5-speed manual with ABS in existence! The sticker was $16,185 and we paid $11,700 after various rebates and discounts. This is an amazing small car. Excellent quality, very stylish interior with so many gadgets and gizmos standard I can't believe it, including 6 airbags! I don't think there is any other small car on the market that can compete with the Cobalt. The engine is powerful, ride is smooth, crisp, and quiet. And great quality. Toyota? Honda? No way. Would never get a car this good for the price.

Peaceful Car
By Ronna on 04/02/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a 2008 Cobalt LS sedan, and its wonderful! It's great on gas and comforatble. I feel safe and secure in my new car. It's a perfect car for me, someone who likes to drive a lot and don't mind taking other people with me. It is a small car and though it does not look like it, it does have a lot of room for passengers without feeling cramped. It also tells you everything about the car with the push of a button :tire pressure in each tire, mileage left before needing gas, temp outside, avrg speed. Also, it is great with the fact that it is inslated well from the outside. I hear no wind noise or normal engine noise, so it's a nice quite ride when I want it to be. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.