2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Cobalt 2008
By cobalt_08 on 04/15/13 22:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '08 Lt Sedan (4a) in Sept 2011 with 58000 km's on it, like brand new, and fully equipped! Almost two years and 40000 km later I'm still impressed with my Cobalt. The 2.2l engine is very quiet, yet performs flawlessly. I avg around 600km per tank, barely any road noise, sound system is good. Reliable on the highway and good performance during Canadian Winters. The interior is plain, nothing fancy. The ''info'' center is great as you can scroll though Oil Life, Gas Mileage, Outdoor temp. etc... all in all, a great car if your looking for something non-fancy but will get you from A-B.

DONT BUY ONE!
By hannahhhx3 on 11/15/12 05:19 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt used about nine months ago. So far, two of the tires have blown up while driving, the brakes are already bad, two speakers have blown out, the whole computer system is shot, all the tire moniters have gone bad, my flex pipe coming from the manifold is bad(costing $925.53 just for the replacement part), all the locks in the car have stopped working, one headlight has cracked and water is all inside of it, and last but not least, the exaust system has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Half of the time my car locks up when you try to cut it on, and the key gets stuck in the ignition. There was already a recall for the power steering, but that is currently not even a problem.

Miss my Kobe
By ubbenunited on 01/19/12 19:45 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '08 Cobalt (2.2, 4A) in Sept. '09 as my first car (40k miles). LT package and badging, but much nicer than what the LT lists. I got heated leather seats, premium sound, sunroof, spoiler, foglamps, the whole deal. Put 12k-ish miles on it before it got totaled by a hit-and-run while parked in front of my house (got 11,400 for it and put that down on an '08 Malibu LTZ). The brakes were starting to go at 50k (vibration under hard braking from highway speed), but it got wrecked before I had to have them done. I didn't think anything bad of the interior (nothing to compare it to), but it was a solid car and got me where I needed to go while still having fun. Not flashy, but reliable.

Comfortable
By Jabel on 08/06/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car straight from the dealer. I wanted to get many options without shelling to much money. I have all the options with a low monthly plan. I had some trouble in the beginning like a leaking windshield, alarm kept ringing, and unbalanced. I find the car very comfortable, reliable and the sound system is quiet nice. For the price I'm paying I find it satisfactory.

Cobalt Impresses
By Kormie on 07/09/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun, neat, car to drive. Had to semi- retire my Shane Mobile (Crown Vic) for something more emphasis on MPG. I am averaging about 29 Miles/ gallon, with about 70% highway driving. I have noticed on the instant mpg, up hills goes down drastically. But so far saving about $100 bucks week on gas. so after paying for insurance, and a $217 car payment, still spending less to ride this one. The info center is neat as it tracks mpg average, Oil Life, and Instant mpg so you can learn best driving practices maximize mpg. Getting about 340 miles on a 12 gallon tank. I'm not a music buff, but sound system sounds great. Crossing my fingers and toes.

Love it
By sgemrald5 on 05/16/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never owned an american made car before this one. I love this thing! it rides great, so quiet, has given me up to the 50's in mpg on highway. displays everything on a screen that i would ever want to know. I got it with 32,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems. It's a breeze. Fun to drive, reliable, great on gas. highly suggest it for the commuting college student or worker, its great.

Just bougt an 08
By LongDriver on 02/01/10 14:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought an 08 Cobalt and for the money boy am I happy. I'm a long distance commuter (200 miles one way) and the gas savings are great (31.8 avg mpg driving 60 to 65 half in the hills and half in the flatlands). I'm 6ft 225 and there is ample room for my 3 hour drive. All I wanted was a cruise control, automatic transmission, and an AC. I ended up with a full featured car including heated leather seats, sunroof, power everything, pioneer sound system with a big ole subwoofer. Steering is tight, brakes responsive, and plenty of get-up-and-go when I need it. For the money I spent I'm one happy Chevy Dude.

08Bolt
By Murphalo on 11/05/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's reliable, gets great gas mileage, and really is fun to drive. Has a great look to it, and the stereo system is great.

Bad in accidents-Not Safe
By LindaA on 06/05/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am sad to say that I just had an accident in my March 2008 Cobalt. My Cobalt and a Mini Van collided at very low speeds and my car had $7,700 worth of damage. I could not believe how bad the damage was for low speeds of under 25mph. Air bags did not deploy. It was at a residential intersection. I have another 4 years to pay on this having taken out a 5 year loan. I am very upset about it all. I will not buy another Cobalt if they should be available.

Follow up review at 15K miles
By Tomster on 03/29/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have already reviewed my 2008 Cobalt LS sedan once, but I thought folks might appreciate an update. I have now owned the car almost ten months, and I have 15,150 miles on it. The car has performed flawlessly, and I have not had a single issue with it. I am getting about 27 or 28 MPG overall average, which is not too bad in my opinion for an automatic. I live in a rural area, and my driving is mostly on hilly, curvy, two lane country roads and in town. I am still amazed by how that little Cobalt will scoot! That 2.2L engine is amazingly powerful. I am extremely happy with the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.