Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

awesome when it starts
By goin2bluoval

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 cobalt sport sedan looks great...I get 37 to 52 mpg inst...this car has a ignition problem that GM ignores. Summer days are worse for this car, you can turn the key constantly, over an over or leave it until the steering column cools off, then it will start...thus, this is not a family car. Its only for going staight to work and back. Do not buy a cobalt. Auto trans.

Favorite Features

The Pioneer sound system, XM, very peppy, great mpg's.

Suggested Improvements

There are many issue's with cobalts...year by year. My own car starts only once or twice a day. Chevrolet dealer's diagnoses is electrical interference from outside sources, yet they will not specify. Chevy needs to "Man-Up" and help all cobalt owners, before we walk away for good.

Love my Cobalt
By special edition

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 2nd cobalt[1st 2005 and loved it till it got t-boned repaired then got rear ended and totaled]. My 08 cobalt was an improvement over the 05, as it has more pickup and highway mileage is 33miles/gal and it is an automatic. Inside is very comfortable and with the wood grain dash board and side panels it has a great look. Since my 05 cobalt kept me with miner injuries 1st accident and kept me from being really hurt when reared by an SUV at 47miles/hr in my 2nd accident, I am very happy with the cobalt!

Favorite Features

great gas mileage and safety

Cobalt
By Sarge

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2008 Cobalt because fuel at the time of purchase was at the all time high. So far I do like the vehicle, but it is terrible in snow and ice but most vehicles this size probably are. I have experienced premature wear on the drivers seat at 5000 miles and 6 months service.

Favorite Features

MPG, silver color, appearance and performance, on board computerized readout advising of tire pressure, oil change frequency, air temp and much more.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable front seats, and more quality material in the upholstery other then this, the car is a reliable GM product so far

Love the little car
By Great Rig

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car to get me from point A to point B safely and it does just that. I've kept my foot off the gas and manage about 33-34 to the gallon for an average. The car handles well, I have power when I need it. It is fairly comfortable considering that I am six one and I drive a couple hours solid every day to get to work. I don't even hit my head on the roof. Only problem I have had is the bolts that hold on the front bumper started to go loose after 6500 miles with half the miles spent on dirt roads.

Favorite Features

Sun roof and a great sound package. Quiet ride, smooth acceleration, and great handling on any surface.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have the front bumper to be screwed on to the body better.