2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Cobalt 2008
By cobalt_08 on 04/15/13 22:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '08 Lt Sedan (4a) in Sept 2011 with 58000 km's on it, like brand new, and fully equipped! Almost two years and 40000 km later I'm still impressed with my Cobalt. The 2.2l engine is very quiet, yet performs flawlessly. I avg around 600km per tank, barely any road noise, sound system is good. Reliable on the highway and good performance during Canadian Winters. The interior is plain, nothing fancy. The ''info'' center is great as you can scroll though Oil Life, Gas Mileage, Outdoor temp. etc... all in all, a great car if your looking for something non-fancy but will get you from A-B.

DONT BUY ONE!
By hannahhhx3 on 11/15/12 05:19 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt used about nine months ago. So far, two of the tires have blown up while driving, the brakes are already bad, two speakers have blown out, the whole computer system is shot, all the tire moniters have gone bad, my flex pipe coming from the manifold is bad(costing $925.53 just for the replacement part), all the locks in the car have stopped working, one headlight has cracked and water is all inside of it, and last but not least, the exaust system has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Half of the time my car locks up when you try to cut it on, and the key gets stuck in the ignition. There was already a recall for the power steering, but that is currently not even a problem.

My colbalt
By carm7sig on 03/13/12 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car. But my heated seats went out at 63,000 miles? When i brake hard going down the mountain it feels like its going to fall apart in the front. my Passenger side door lock doesn't work. The chrome is peeling of the interior door latch. Should of got a Kia. If u r going to buy this car keep looking. And if you got to have it test drive the hell out of it. Cause it sounds like some are good and some are not so good. oh and my cruise control works when it wants and my RF tire sensor goes in and out. and other weird problems with my electrical.

Miss my Kobe
By ubbenunited on 01/19/12 19:45 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an '08 Cobalt (2.2, 4A) in Sept. '09 as my first car (40k miles). LT package and badging, but much nicer than what the LT lists. I got heated leather seats, premium sound, sunroof, spoiler, foglamps, the whole deal. Put 12k-ish miles on it before it got totaled by a hit-and-run while parked in front of my house (got 11,400 for it and put that down on an '08 Malibu LTZ). The brakes were starting to go at 50k (vibration under hard braking from highway speed), but it got wrecked before I had to have them done. I didn't think anything bad of the interior (nothing to compare it to), but it was a solid car and got me where I needed to go while still having fun. Not flashy, but reliable.

If you are considering buying this, DON'T.
By henniferx3 on 11/14/11 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Complete waste of money.So bad I probably won't buy a chevy EVER again. I bought my 08 cobalt at the end of 08, it had 29000 miles on it, bought it for $9300..the carfax said it was in the shop for minor electrical problems, and I had just figured they were all gone because it got fixed. WRONG. About 2 months after owning this car, my power steering went out. Next, my ignition and gear shifter. Then one day when I was driving the locks started locking and unlocking very fast and since then all the buttons including for the windows quit working. Not to mention I have ONE speaker out of 6 that works now. Theres just too much to type. Battery dies for NO reason..All electrical problems.

awesome when it starts
By goin2bluoval on 08/10/11 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 cobalt sport sedan looks great...I get 37 to 52 mpg inst...this car has a ignition problem that GM ignores. Summer days are worse for this car, you can turn the key constantly, over an over or leave it until the steering column cools off, then it will start...thus, this is not a family car. Its only for going staight to work and back. Do not buy a cobalt. Auto trans.

Don't Buy This Car
By mightymouse4 on 04/20/11 10:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So I baught this car brand new, needing something good on gas. It's great on gas, getting 36 mpg on the HW, but after owning it only 2 years, it is falling apart! I do all the maintance, change the oil before it's do, and treat it good, but it was a huge mistake. I've had to do the front brakes twice, replace the rotors twice, have the door adjusted, put shocks, ball joints, and a Clutch! Even the dealer told me the clutch is poorly designed, and I'm luckly it lasted that long. Now there is some kind of cluncking in the front, and it's not the struts! I'm working one it every other weekened, and it's only an 08! Oh, by the way, GM does not cover a cluth on the power train warantee!

Love my Cobalt
By special edition on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 2nd cobalt[1st 2005 and loved it till it got t-boned repaired then got rear ended and totaled]. My 08 cobalt was an improvement over the 05, as it has more pickup and highway mileage is 33miles/gal and it is an automatic. Inside is very comfortable and with the wood grain dash board and side panels it has a great look. Since my 05 cobalt kept me with miner injuries 1st accident and kept me from being really hurt when reared by an SUV at 47miles/hr in my 2nd accident, I am very happy with the cobalt!

Comfortable
By Jabel on 08/06/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car straight from the dealer. I wanted to get many options without shelling to much money. I have all the options with a low monthly plan. I had some trouble in the beginning like a leaking windshield, alarm kept ringing, and unbalanced. I find the car very comfortable, reliable and the sound system is quiet nice. For the price I'm paying I find it satisfactory.

Cobalt Impresses
By Kormie on 07/09/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun, neat, car to drive. Had to semi- retire my Shane Mobile (Crown Vic) for something more emphasis on MPG. I am averaging about 29 Miles/ gallon, with about 70% highway driving. I have noticed on the instant mpg, up hills goes down drastically. But so far saving about $100 bucks week on gas. so after paying for insurance, and a $217 car payment, still spending less to ride this one. The info center is neat as it tracks mpg average, Oil Life, and Instant mpg so you can learn best driving practices maximize mpg. Getting about 340 miles on a 12 gallon tank. I'm not a music buff, but sound system sounds great. Crossing my fingers and toes.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.