2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Great Car.
By markb873 on 08/17/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 Cobalt at 77,000 miles in the summer of 2011. Just rolled over 100,000 miles. Had a few common problems. Transmission had to be rebuilt under GM Powertrain, both front speakers failed, lower control arms. This is all things I would expect with a disposable GM vehicle. I noticed in the snow that maintaining a proper alignment was key to driving straight, and adjusting the rear brakes was key to stopping. The paint still looks brand new even after $4,000 of paintless dent removal. The car has always been dependable and I don't plan to trade mine in.

My best investment in a car
By ofrae on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I think U.S cars have been underrated. Sometimes i get 76 mpg inst. Don't waste money on phony hybrids. Cobalt is the best kept secret in cars. It's very roomy inside, i cant believe it's a compact car and plenty of leg room. It's worth every single penny.

A Champion car
By Ryan on 02/13/10 07:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a while ago and I love it, I have the LT edition and I get 36 on the highway, even though my car is packed full of stuff(I'm currently moving). Great acceleration and breaking. The only downside is that it gets uncomfortable on long road trips.

Good
By smp429 on 01/02/10 18:43 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 08 cobalt in 2009 with approximately 29000 miles. I do about 90% highway driving and get between 31.5 and 32.5 mile to the gallon which is so much better than my jeep. The car is fun to drive and overall has been great to own. The only draw back is that one of the hubcaps fell off after one month.

My former Cobalt
By Melissa on 12/02/09 07:07 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my 2008 Cobalt until just weeks ago when it was totaled. The car fully protected me in a head-on collision, airbag deployed, which is a major plus. At 26,000 miles, I had no maintenance issues outside of several annoyances with the radio / digital display. The car was quite reliable, quiet, and did extremely well on long trips. The stock sound was fantastic and the interior, albeit plain, was not bad for the value. The car handled the road very well for the value, also. This was the 2nd Cobalt I've owned in the last 5 years (an '05 previously) and I've not been disappointed. A great, reliable car for the value.

My 08 Balt
By Christian on 10/02/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt a little over a year now, its a fun little car, but ii was expecting more from it. I added new rims/tires and a new exhaust because the appearance was somewhat plain. The inside looks really cheap, Chevy needs a major upgrade on the interior. I have yet to see the mileage Chevy says it gets, a little frustrating. I'd say its a good beginner car, but not really able to compete with other cars in the same category, it just falls short.

08 Chevy Cobalt
By Chosen1 on 07/27/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Cobalt 3 months ago and I haven't had any problems. It handles great and is the best small sized car from GM. FINALLY GM has learned how to created a small car with great quality.

LOVE it!
By SCMCGirl on 06/11/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a year ago and still LOVE it! I had always driven v8's so was a little concerned about going to a 4 cyl, but was very surprised with how much power it actually has. It also handles very well. I live on back country roads and it takes curves wonderfully. Plenty of trunk space makes traveling easy. Also has a GREAT stereo system. The remote start is also great for warming up or cooling down the interior before getting. The back seat is a little tight though.

Cobalt XFE
By Bob on 12/01/08 05:37 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

XFE (5 speed) is tuned for highway driving. Flat terrain at 58mpg = 38-42mpg. Subtract 4-5 mpg for air conditioner! Poor in town mpg (23-26). Not good for stop and go commuting in a hot climate. Enjoy XM radio. Good seat adjustments (up/down, back-forth, tilt-lumbar). Chevy. Get rid of Coupe design. Dangerous, cannot see out of back, especially with worthless spoiler. Change to hatchback. Trunk is deep, but opening is miniscule. Can't even put a standard cooler chest in it. Poor access to rear seats. Also Chevy failed to support the XFE sedan. Could not find 1 in the whole US! Corporate didn't know either. Inexcusible. No wonder they are bankrupt!

Love it!
By racegirl on 09/03/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I have bought on my own. I love it. It is sporty and very realiable. Very good gas mileage!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.