2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Run Far Away!
By zwiama90 on 01/07/13 05:37 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can without a doubt say this is the worst car I've ever owned. I'm trading it in after a year of having it and couldn't be happier. It has been on a hoist more times than I can count. My boyfriend is a mechanic and is just disgusted working on it once a month. Before I met him I spent $1000+ just in 2 months of having it. The quality is so bad and the car shifts rough. Endless transmission problems that chevy won't fix. Front suspension falling apart at 60,000 miles, bad multi function switch, steering column issues, engine randomly revs in cruise control, and too many more to list. I got stuck trading a grand prix in for this HUGE mistake. Stay away from these "throw away" cars.

I miss my cobalt
By caguilar16 on 07/15/11 17:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe is a great car. I had mine for just over a year before it was totaled in a four car pile up. I purchased it used and never had a problem with it. It looked great inside and out, and had a fun, powerful, yet economical engine. I wish I still had it for it was the perfect car for me. There was plenty of space in the back seat, and a huge trunk. If you are considering this car I strongly suggest that you get it. It is far superior to all cobalts, with the exception of the ss.

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon on 02/06/10 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

First Car
By Vicious on 09/17/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely has the 'fun-to-drive' factor! For my first car, I'd say it was a tasty pick. Test drove it before I even got to a Scion TC and immediately fell in love. Easy to drive, looks sharp after being washed- especially with tinted windows. Only problem I ever had was running the stereo too long without the car being turned on so the battery died, easy jump though. Plastic grille on the front popped out once, but I stuck it back in. Turning signal sticks. Parking brake cable sticks out on the bottom as well. No big deal. Overall I still love it!

Handles and looks great!
By Astrid on 09/03/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car one of the best cars. It handles very good like you're driving on air. It's so fast and the sunroof I got to say is a excellent feature epspecialy here in Flordia. The opitions on the wheel such as changing the station on the radio is a brilliant idea when it comes to driving. The interior is beautiful and nice.

Love it so far
By Steve on 08/12/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way it looks, drives and performs. Pioneer speaker system is fabulous. On the down side, sunroof doesn't seem to fit too snug, there is no cancel button for the cruise control, and the built in cell phone is not blue tooth enabled, so I have to buy their minutes at .35c apiece and use a different phone number.

Great Car
By Rob on 07/12/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the sport version and so far it has been a pleasure. Looks good, drives good. It gets good gas mileage. Even with the the 171 hp version I average 28mpgs.

Price and performance
By mcabuyer on 06/11/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a "fun little car". Looked for a 5 speed, and all of the Ford dealers told me to buy one, to test drive one. I found a Cobalt sport litterally 'round the corner. It was the demo of a salesman we just bought an Impala from. He litterally threw me the keys, and told me to take it for a "thrashing". Lots of fun, and good mileage. handles like a race car, and if I keep my foot out of it, I get over 34 mpg. I'm 53, and some kid in an Acura wanted to race, I laughed, and when the light turned green, I laughed. I blew him away. Only item I do not like, is the arm rest. can't get to the parking brake, and the design could be better. I can't imagine the performance of the turbo.

Cobalt sport coupe
By Bumble bee on 06/04/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt sport coupe. I fell in love with it the day I saw it at the dealership I was working in. It's a quick little beast, I've had Civics trying to match up and I leave them looking at my rear end. It's a nice spoty vehicle with good gas mileage and comfty smooth ride. I have the short shift 5 speed, and it's an awesome machine to drive. I highly recomend it.

Wonderful Car
By JAGXJRPORTFOLIO on 05/27/08 14:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a Jeep Liberty that was getting 13mpg, just couldn't handle it. Was also shopping Saturn Astra, but dealer and factory incentives were too good. Sticker price was 23k paid just over 19k out the door. Manual transmission is a joy to drive with short throws and positive engagement. Engine has good power and torque, although not the quickest revving or smoothest sounding one out there. Fuel economy is outstanding! 28.8 mpg first tank, in a 60% city 40% hwy mix. Very quiet on the inside even with sunroof, also the ride is very comfortable even with sport suspension. Handling is sporty and fun. Seats are comfortable and supportive. Good trunk space.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.