Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Run Far Away!
By zwiama90

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can without a doubt say this is the worst car I've ever owned. I'm trading it in after a year of having it and couldn't be happier. It has been on a hoist more times than I can count. My boyfriend is a mechanic and is just disgusted working on it once a month. Before I met him I spent $1000+ just in 2 months of having it. The quality is so bad and the car shifts rough. Endless transmission problems that chevy won't fix. Front suspension falling apart at 60,000 miles, bad multi function switch, steering column issues, engine randomly revs in cruise control, and too many more to list. I got stuck trading a grand prix in for this HUGE mistake. Stay away from these "throw away" cars.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is the only plus

Suggested Improvements

Everything! More quality

I miss my cobalt
By caguilar16

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe is a great car. I had mine for just over a year before it was totaled in a four car pile up. I purchased it used and never had a problem with it. It looked great inside and out, and had a fun, powerful, yet economical engine. I wish I still had it for it was the perfect car for me. There was plenty of space in the back seat, and a huge trunk. If you are considering this car I strongly suggest that you get it. It is far superior to all cobalts, with the exception of the ss.

Favorite Features

Leather, Moon Roof, Rims

Suggested Improvements

None

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

Favorite Features

On Steering wheel cruise and radio control. Nice big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the back. Bigger trunk opening.

First Car
By Vicious

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely has the 'fun-to-drive' factor! For my first car, I'd say it was a tasty pick. Test drove it before I even got to a Scion TC and immediately fell in love. Easy to drive, looks sharp after being washed- especially with tinted windows. Only problem I ever had was running the stereo too long without the car being turned on so the battery died, easy jump though. Plastic grille on the front popped out once, but I stuck it back in. Turning signal sticks. Parking brake cable sticks out on the bottom as well. No big deal. Overall I still love it!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, power everything, mp3 jack, trunk space, sunroof, spoiler/overall body style, fog lights, information display.

Suggested Improvements

Real arm rest, gas tank access on driver's side!! More roomy/ attractive console, stock dual exhaust would be cool! Better stock rims- they're too fake looking.

Handles and looks great!
By Astrid

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car one of the best cars. It handles very good like you're driving on air. It's so fast and the sunroof I got to say is a excellent feature epspecialy here in Flordia. The opitions on the wheel such as changing the station on the radio is a brilliant idea when it comes to driving. The interior is beautiful and nice.

Favorite Features

The sunroof, OnStar, and the seating.

Suggested Improvements

There could be more legroom in the back.