Excellent car
By bloodytrenches on
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed. Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me
Favorite Features
No major repairs needed. I like the look, it has enough room, a larger trunk than my 02 hyundai, and its held up excellent to my abusive driving. I think its comfortable. My fiance doesn't. He says it all feels too plasticy. I've driven it on avg 15k a year and it is still in excellent running condition. The exterior not so much. I've have one fender bender, and someone back into my right side. The passenger side doors had to be replaced. I hit curbs and giant rocks with the wheels and I'm shocked I haven't totalled it. Its an amazing car.
Suggested Improvements
It would be awesome if the "basic" models came with automatic door locks and an arm rest. Automatic windows would be a bonus. I'm not sure what is wrong with the radio. After a car backed to both of the passenger side doors I noticed my driver side speaker didn't work all the time. I think this happened in 2010. Since then only the rear passenger side speaker works. The radio also glitches. Sometimes if I use the tuning nob it will change stations sparatically. the digital lights have went screwy twice in the last 6 months. This all could also be due to a front end wreck that happened a year before. Still, I would recommend this car.