Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad on
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.
Favorite Features
The look, the price, the interior, the huge trunk for such a small size.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not the only one with the fill up issue. A better gas cap/neck/tank system should be looked into to prevent these issues.
By lirbrts1
on 09/07/11 07:16 AM (PDT)

Im having serious gas issues! My car also idles like a diesel engine, very rough and keeps stalling. When stopped in traffic or at a light i have to keep left foot on break and right foot with constant pressure on gas to keep it from stalling out. My control panels have stopped working, heat hasnt stopped blowing all summer! Im hoping by winter it doesnt start blowing AC. Its ran great since I bought it till now, and with the warranty no longer....im afraid to find out what the problem is and how much its going to cost to fix it. I def will do better research before purchasing another vehicle. Ive always been a proud chevy owner but right now I'd be thrilled to be driving an old beat up ford probe as long as im not stressed about stalling in traffic with my child in the car. Anybody with the same problems who have found out how to fix it your advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!

By morganchay
on 07/14/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt.

By bb45
on 10/13/11 15:56 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem where the light was staying on due to fuel cap. I replaced the fuel cap. Later is came on again after about a month. I had taken it to the dealer they had to replace the whole assembly of the fuel tank system from the neck where you put fuel in to the tank itself. This was about 4 yrs ago. No problems with that ever since. But at 52,000 miles on my car now. I have it in the shop because the struts and shocks began to have problems. Also the wheel assembly kit I believe it was called. Cost for everything they did was over 1300. Hopefully no more issues when I get it back on saturday.