2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Great Little Car For The Money

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Car For The Money !
By Limo Mike on

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for just less than a year now and I have to say I am very pleased over all. First off I got a great deal. The car is definitely more than I had expected. I find it fun to drive and very comfortable even on long trips. The car is gorgeous from the outside and the interior is very nice for a car in this price range. It has just enough power to make me happy. If I wanted a race car I would not have bought this. The handling should be more that adequate for most drivers. The ride is much softer and more forgiving than most cars in it's class. Overall I think it is a vast improvement over the Cavalier it replaced and a great value for all that you get.

I got the Pioneer sound system with XM which sounds amazing. The leather seats are a must. The on board computer tells you everything. Most of all I am amazed with the interior space for the front passengers. Finally the gas mileage. The Chevy ecotec engines are smooth, powerful and very efficient.

The sheet metal is very thin in areas. 2 weeks after I took delivery I leaned against the the car lightly and the entire rear 1/4 panel caved in. Luckily it popped right out. Also the trunk opening is oddly shaped. There is tons of room but its hard to access. Head curtain airbags should be standard.