2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Econo racecar with luxury feel

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual)

Econo racecar with luxury feel.
By CodeBlue on

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

What can I say? It's a great car that GM has finally put some real effort into. For me, its been 1 month since I took delivery, and there hasn't been a day I didn't look forward to driving it. Moreover driving it daily has been a great experience. The fuel economy when not heavy footed (hardly ever, due to the rewarding power of the Eaton M62 Supercharger) is comparable to that of the ultra-compact econo-gas misers; Yaris, Aveo, etc The factory performence packages being offered by GM's Performence Parts division are the best to be found in the aftermarket. So you get more power out of your beast, while retaining full factory warranty (when installed c/o GM Service depts) hard to argue!

Favorite Features

The standard factory features this car has are great. 18' rims, 200+HP engine, short throw shifter, HD clutch, optional LSD differential, supple leather interior, ground effects all around, fog lights. Overall this is a well put togther vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

My only beef's with the Cobalt would be rear passenger room, lack of telescoping steering wheel, Massive Chevy bowtie logo's front and rear. The trunk opening in the rear leaves much to be desired for taking on larger cargo. Lack of independent rear suspension is disheartening, but managable.