2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Dissapointment

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

LS Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Dissapointment
By cobalt on

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new. The first week it was fine. But within the second and third week of driving, strange noises started coming from the front engine area - these weird ratting sounds that would come and go. And after 3 weeks, a horribly loud noise suddenly started clicking. It sounded like it was coming from the right front tire. So I had to take it back to the dealership to get fixed. The brakes also make a strained sound, and they aren't paticularly as sharp as I'd like them to be. The clanking sound is unnerving and extremley annoying. Now I have to go out of my way to get it fixed. This is inconvienent and not fair - I've only owned for less than a month!

Favorite Features

Roomy interior (not in the back though), great steering, good on corners and tight turns. OK fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes, and the rear view window is dangerously hard to see out of, so it makes backing up almost impossibe. Tires get low easily.