Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great Car!
By Don

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 2003 Dodge Neon which i must say after the 1st yr needed a front end job..yuk! I've had the Cobalt for 15 months now and not a problem. Good power. Ride is good. Electric steering needs a little improvement. Great gas mileage. I get 30 around town. On long trips at first I was getting around 40mpg (automatic tranny) now around 38-39mpg. Dealer installed cruise for free. I love it!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, CD player is neat, nice trunk, comfortable on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Should have power windows, locks as standard options

What's Not to Like!
By Dennis

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Seriously, what's not to like about the Chevy Cobalt? Having long been a GM fan, I've never really considered buying a compact GM vehicle. I always figured I would have to buy an import to get the quality and value that I desired to add to my fleet of full-sized GM's. Well, my '07 Cobalt has proven to me that GM can make a good, reliable compact car. I'm not a small guy (6'2" and 245#) and this car fits me like a glove. The seats are supportive and there is more than enough leg room. I can easily keep up with my son's '07 Scion TC, and get WAY better fuel economy when doing so. Overall, this car can't be beat if you are looking for solid, economical transportation.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, price and value and available features top my list.

Suggested Improvements

The interior plastics are cheap, but considering what I paid for the car, who can complain!

Pretty Cool
By Cynt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I got this car I had a 2000 Chevy Prism that was amazing. So to compare the two has its ups and downs. The Prism got way better gas mileage. With the Cobalt it probably get about 25-29 MPG where before I was getting at least 35MPG. Its really stylish and I love the MP3 jack. Getting on the highway is great because it doesn't take long to get up to speed. I didn't get power locks or window and that's the biggest regret. It stinks to have to reach over and unlock doors and manually roll down windows. Wish the radio would crank up a little louder also. I love the digital display for the information center. However I wish OnStar and ABS was a standard. Overall pretty good and fun to drive!!

Favorite Features

The best things would probably be the MP3 jack, information center, and trunk space. I love that I can just plug in my Ipod and go. The Ipod cord can be purchased for about $15 and its well worth it. The information center is handy and the trunk space is shockingly gracious.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belt snaps that are in the frame are poorly built. Mine kept falling off until i glued them on. Also so my information controls stopped working but were fixed under warranty. Wish power locks and windows were standard. Would also be good to get at least 30MPG. Otherwise I love it so far!

So Disappointed
By So So disappointed

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle used, had looked up car fax info and researched mileage. Guess what I'm only getting 19 mpg in the city, it's a good thing I only work 5 miles away. The car has a nice build and I can't find anything else I don't like about the car. I'm just disappointed in it's performance. I've had other used vehicles with a V8 that gave me 22 mpg in the city. I've taken it back to be serviced and I'm told there's nothing wrong it must be my driving habits. I've only put about 500 miles on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Looks good inside and out

Suggested Improvements

Give me 24 mpg in the city

Safety First
By Donnie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed with safety as it's priority! I just got my Cobalt, and already I have the controls memorized! By looking at the great gas mileage, and the simple but stunning interior, you can tell this car was made by a practical on-the-go person. Don't let the small size fool you! This car has the most cabin room I've seen in a sedan! Not to mention the vast trunk room! Great, great car! you get every dime out of it!

Favorite Features

The simple manual locks and windows leaves one less thing to worry about breaking down. The seats are stylish, but even more comfortable. With the auxiliary input, I can plug my iPod right up to the radio!

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control would be nice. While I find the door locks less hassle and promising, it's annoying to have to get in every time and lock all of the doors. I wouldn't mind sacrificing for automatic locks.