2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Hot hot hot
By CHamilton on 07/01/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is fast. It almost has as much acceleration as my 750 cc motorcycle. Makes short work of an $80K BMW. This car is so much fun to drive. Looks great and to boot 40 mpg highway out of the 2.0 I chose the Cobalt due to the fact I had such great experience with the Cavalier. Car is loaded with everything you could want. Great job Chevrolet. Thank you

So Disappointed
By So So disappointed on 06/24/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle used, had looked up car fax info and researched mileage. Guess what I'm only getting 19 mpg in the city, it's a good thing I only work 5 miles away. The car has a nice build and I can't find anything else I don't like about the car. I'm just disappointed in it's performance. I've had other used vehicles with a V8 that gave me 22 mpg in the city. I've taken it back to be serviced and I'm told there's nothing wrong it must be my driving habits. I've only put about 500 miles on this vehicle.

Safety First
By Donnie on 06/24/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed with safety as it's priority! I just got my Cobalt, and already I have the controls memorized! By looking at the great gas mileage, and the simple but stunning interior, you can tell this car was made by a practical on-the-go person. Don't let the small size fool you! This car has the most cabin room I've seen in a sedan! Not to mention the vast trunk room! Great, great car! you get every dime out of it!

Good car for the money.
By Shawn E. on 06/19/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a little over a year and I think that it is a good car for having over 16,000 miles already. There are some improvements that need to be made though. It has great fuel economy at 30 mpg, and that is not highway! Comfortable seating in front but not the back. good stereo system. Car is fun to drive on winding roads. The car has been in the shop twice. Once for bad control arm bushings and warped rotors. And the next for a loud grinding sound in the brakes. I think that it needs a 6 disc cd changer. Overall it is a good car for a low price.

Gas mileage wins
By MustangGT on 06/16/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In these trying times, our auto transmission LT sedan has shown outstanding gas mileage. Over 28 mpg around town all the time. It isn't suppose to be that good says the EPA, but we'll take it. It's a fun car, quieter than many other four cylinder cars in its class. We bought it used from a local Chevy dealer and after three months, no headaches.

Love it!
By suzanne on 06/12/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first two cars were a Cavalier and Sunfire. The Cobalt by far is of much higher quality and is made far better. I originally was considering the Aveo when I went shopping for my 3rd car, but the quietness and smoothness of the ride got my hooked to the Cobalt. It's wonderful to drive in the snow. I feel very safe in it. After a 9 hour road trip it's still comfortable.

Love 2007 base model Cobalt Coupe
By Eddie Z on 05/24/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This base model 07 Cobalt had me thinking twice about 4 cyl engines. As soon as I took off in this car, the performance was great. It handles really well on the curvy roads where I live in and the fuel economy is outstanding, 30 M+PG. I was also surprised by the amount of space that is present in the trunk, lots of it. Being that I'm 6 feet tall, I have enough room to sit behind the wheel. I was also surprised to see the battery in the trunk.

My brand new victory red 2 door Cobalt LS
By LILLADY on 05/11/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt for about 6 months now. I brought it brand new with 3 miles on it. As much as I drive I already have almost 11,000 miles on it and it still rides brand new with the brand new car smell. I road 6,000 miles over before I got my oil changed and the light still hasnt came on. I much money am I saving! The car is beautiful!

Great Car For The Money
By MissShona on 04/30/08 01:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car out of pure necessity (our previous Neon was on it's last leg). The Chevy Cobalt seems to be a much more solid car than the Dodge Neon. The only thing we needed to go back to the dealer for was the window sealing/trim falling loose from the door seal. What a great way to get from point A to point B without breaking the bank!

Last time I go car shopping alone.
By Jc on 04/28/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my LS on a whim. Just went to look at cars and test drive some and well, it just kinda happened. Within 2 weeks, I had to take the car to the dealer, there was some major squeaking going on. Found out it was just the hubcaps, apparently they're horrible. They lubed them, but nothing else can be done. I'm now at month 13 of ownership and sitting at home with no car. It has 12,000 miles on it. Went to start it and it just wouldn't do anything. Called GMAC Roadside assistance and they sent "Big Dawgs" towing. We almost needed a tow truck for the tow truck. The car has been at the dealer all day. No courtesy car like my selling dealership promised, No response yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.