2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Great Car!
By Don on 07/10/08 02:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 2003 Dodge Neon which i must say after the 1st yr needed a front end job..yuk! I've had the Cobalt for 15 months now and not a problem. Good power. Ride is good. Electric steering needs a little improvement. Great gas mileage. I get 30 around town. On long trips at first I was getting around 40mpg (automatic tranny) now around 38-39mpg. Dealer installed cruise for free. I love it!

Great Ride
By abetar on 07/09/08 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I have owned my SS for about a year and love every day driving it. I have got as high as 40 mpg on the highway and ussualy around 30-32 around town. Love the ride and love the performance

What's Not to Like!
By Dennis on 07/06/08 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Seriously, what's not to like about the Chevy Cobalt? Having long been a GM fan, I've never really considered buying a compact GM vehicle. I always figured I would have to buy an import to get the quality and value that I desired to add to my fleet of full-sized GM's. Well, my '07 Cobalt has proven to me that GM can make a good, reliable compact car. I'm not a small guy (6'2" and 245#) and this car fits me like a glove. The seats are supportive and there is more than enough leg room. I can easily keep up with my son's '07 Scion TC, and get WAY better fuel economy when doing so. Overall, this car can't be beat if you are looking for solid, economical transportation.

Pretty Cool
By Cynt on 07/06/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I got this car I had a 2000 Chevy Prism that was amazing. So to compare the two has its ups and downs. The Prism got way better gas mileage. With the Cobalt it probably get about 25-29 MPG where before I was getting at least 35MPG. Its really stylish and I love the MP3 jack. Getting on the highway is great because it doesn't take long to get up to speed. I didn't get power locks or window and that's the biggest regret. It stinks to have to reach over and unlock doors and manually roll down windows. Wish the radio would crank up a little louder also. I love the digital display for the information center. However I wish OnStar and ABS was a standard. Overall pretty good and fun to drive!!

Hot hot hot
By CHamilton on 07/01/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is fast. It almost has as much acceleration as my 750 cc motorcycle. Makes short work of an $80K BMW. This car is so much fun to drive. Looks great and to boot 40 mpg highway out of the 2.0 I chose the Cobalt due to the fact I had such great experience with the Cavalier. Car is loaded with everything you could want. Great job Chevrolet. Thank you

So Disappointed
By So So disappointed on 06/24/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle used, had looked up car fax info and researched mileage. Guess what I'm only getting 19 mpg in the city, it's a good thing I only work 5 miles away. The car has a nice build and I can't find anything else I don't like about the car. I'm just disappointed in it's performance. I've had other used vehicles with a V8 that gave me 22 mpg in the city. I've taken it back to be serviced and I'm told there's nothing wrong it must be my driving habits. I've only put about 500 miles on this vehicle.

Safety First
By Donnie on 06/24/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed with safety as it's priority! I just got my Cobalt, and already I have the controls memorized! By looking at the great gas mileage, and the simple but stunning interior, you can tell this car was made by a practical on-the-go person. Don't let the small size fool you! This car has the most cabin room I've seen in a sedan! Not to mention the vast trunk room! Great, great car! you get every dime out of it!

Good car for the money.
By Shawn E. on 06/19/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a little over a year and I think that it is a good car for having over 16,000 miles already. There are some improvements that need to be made though. It has great fuel economy at 30 mpg, and that is not highway! Comfortable seating in front but not the back. good stereo system. Car is fun to drive on winding roads. The car has been in the shop twice. Once for bad control arm bushings and warped rotors. And the next for a loud grinding sound in the brakes. I think that it needs a 6 disc cd changer. Overall it is a good car for a low price.

Gas mileage wins
By MustangGT on 06/16/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In these trying times, our auto transmission LT sedan has shown outstanding gas mileage. Over 28 mpg around town all the time. It isn't suppose to be that good says the EPA, but we'll take it. It's a fun car, quieter than many other four cylinder cars in its class. We bought it used from a local Chevy dealer and after three months, no headaches.

Love it!
By suzanne on 06/12/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first two cars were a Cavalier and Sunfire. The Cobalt by far is of much higher quality and is made far better. I originally was considering the Aveo when I went shopping for my 3rd car, but the quietness and smoothness of the ride got my hooked to the Cobalt. It's wonderful to drive in the snow. I feel very safe in it. After a 9 hour road trip it's still comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.