Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good car for the money.
By Roy "Rocky" Cathcart

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my daughter, who was on her way to college. This vehicle has served us well, and looks like it will take us to graduation day. After graduation it will probably go to another member of the family who needs a good - serviceable - and economic automobile. We keep up with the maintenance schedule, and have it detailed (inside and out) every spring. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good quality car in that price range.

Visibility. I found no blind spots with this vehicle; an important feature for you and inexperienced drivers.

A center console would be nice.

Hate this car
By Unhappy Customer

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It tends to stall and has bucking problems especially when it rains. The steering wheel ALWAYS shakes a lot around 55 mph (or anywhere between 50 and 60 mph) after using my auxiliary cord for a while the radio goes in and out as if someone were constantly inserting and removing the auxiliary cord even though the outlet is not being used. I can't forget to mention the inconvenience of manual locks and windows or the 2 recalls. Plus, it only gets an average of 23 mpg. Don't waste your money on this car!

Worst Car we've ever had.
By colemyst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Three years old 6000 miles on it and this is what we got. Continual noises, squeaking, chirping, clicking, grinding squealing noises, taillight filled with moisture, shifting stick slips, steering column needed to be change twice, power steering motor needs to be change - now recalled, bushings replaced, surge tank faulty, list goes on. The car probably won't. Car still has noises even after mechanics works on it, saying it was fixed. HA They must be trained to say it because they all do don't they?

The MPG is good but, owner doesn't drive fast.

Fire your engineers. You should have spruced up the Prizm and dumped this lemon.

Junk!
By usereks1187

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car when it was one year old, spent so much time in shop I got a second car so I had something to drive. All the interior trim has broken the front end has pretty much fallen apart steering is awful had many transmission problems. Dealership service along with GM customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and a big headache get something other then GM.

Leather heated seats, pioneer speakers, sunroof.

better customer service, better build quality.

Awful arm rest
By lee

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After reading a number of complaints, I can count myself blessed. My problem is the arm rest that collapse under warranty and now has collapsed again. The trim around the sun roof fell off. I was told that I had to purchase the kit & it was simple to snap back in place. I couldn't do it. Paid 48.00 for the dealer to put it on, same problem the trim has fallen off again. Visor mirror cover snap off in my hand. Buyer beware of the small things too.

sun roof, spoiler

Brighter inside light, if using plastic parts, better clips