Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great fun car
By Chevy27

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hated the dealership I got this car from so for all my service I go to a different dealership, but outside of the dealership the car is great. I get 27mpg city driving, the get up and go is a little slow but its just a 4 cylinder so that's okay she handles turns great and handles the occasional long drive out of state. Great first car for me. Body lines are clean and the size and shape are ideal for Jersey driving and parking. Love it, and would recommend this car!

No spoiler, great cd player, speakers are clear and the adjustable radio to automatically raise in volume as you go faster.

Chevy could work out the usual wheel clicks but other than that I love my car, and better a/c system (the heat is perfect).

Bad decision
By Ramon

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am pleased with the fuel efficiency, but little else. I started having trouble when the drivers side door broke off completely. I got online to do some research and have found that I am not the only one with this issue. I decided to repair the handle myself just to find out that it will take more than just removing the interior door panel. I switched from Ford to Chevy in hopes of easy repair work, but I miss my Ford already.

A better design on the cup holders. When I have a drink in there, I cannot adjust the AC/Heat!

Good Car
By Shanna

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt for a little over a month. It's a wonderful first car. I read reviews here before buying this car. I read about someone hearing a cricket noise when the air conditioner was on, I hear this noise every time I have the AC on, it can get annoying after a while because I hear it over my music. I've put aver 1000 miles on it since I got it. Now it has about 42,000 miles on it. It gets around 26-28 mpg in town. It's a wonderful car :-) I love it!

MP3 jack, the trunk space, design (interior & exterior), CD player, comfort

It'd be nice to get better gas mileage

Mixed Feelings
By Jessica

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Not sure where to start...had my Cobalt for less than a month when I heard a horrible rattling noise. Took it to the dealership only to find that the windshield had been installed upside down and had to be replaced. Got the car out of the shop. Drove it for two weeks and started hearing a horrible noise in the front end. Two compressors later, and I still hear a 'bug zapper' like sound when I run the heat or the air. Dealership swears that they can't hear it, but everyone else who has ever been in the car has commented on it. The car drives okay, but honestly, has been in the shop way to often for a brand new vehicle. As the owner of both an 07 Cobalt and an 07 Malibu LS, I'm unhappy w/GM!

Body and upholstery are nice. Looks sporty even for a 4 door.

Fix the issue with the heater/AC noise! Everyone I know who has a Cobalt has this problem!! Quality control needs to be looked into. The upside down installation of the windshield could have been dangerous for me and my kids!

Will NEVER own another
By custard-goddess

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I had a 2001 Chevy Cavalier, that had reached 225,000 miles. I thought that the Cobalt would be comparable to the Cavalier boy was I wrong. I love the style of the car very cute inside and out. The features are amazing XM, MP3 jack, remote start, but the quality leaves much to be desired. I have had to fix so much on it in two years broken tail light after two weeks of ownership, squeaky sunroof, loose seat fabric, breaks and rotors replaced(only after 15,000 mi),left control arm, radio buttons stopped working, and BOTH remotes to my car are broken.

I love the look of the car I still think it is incredibly cute. I love all the available features and it drives well. It is a wonderful gas saver I average 29 mpg.

Quality improvement! Is my only suggestion. I feel that it has had way too much wrong with it to only be 2 years old, it has been in the shop far more than the cavalier ever was. I baby my car and treat it like a god and yet it continues to break.