Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great car for tall person
By So happy

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6' 7" and am very happy with my LS. I tried getting into most all the other compact cars and I just could not fit in them. I have not had a single problem with the car since I purchased. Perfect commuter car. I get about 30-31MPG combined and get 36- 37 MPG on the highway.

Favorite Features

Exterior of the coupe is very sporty and I loved the price I paid for the car

Suggested Improvements

Backseat room would nice but not at the expense of reducing front leg room.

Good car for the money.
By Shawn E.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a little over a year and I think that it is a good car for having over 16,000 miles already. There are some improvements that need to be made though. It has great fuel economy at 30 mpg, and that is not highway! Comfortable seating in front but not the back. good stereo system. Car is fun to drive on winding roads. The car has been in the shop twice. Once for bad control arm bushings and warped rotors. And the next for a loud grinding sound in the brakes. I think that it needs a 6 disc cd changer. Overall it is a good car for a low price.

Favorite Features

MP3 port, comfortable seating in front, stylish exterior. Great stereo system. Huge trunk. Nimble and agile on winding roads.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more room for rear seating. Make it easier to get out of back seat. Need to make a more powerful engine standard. Car has some power but not enough for pulling big hills. Trunk opening needs to be bigger. get rid of 15 inch steel wheels and noisy hubcaps. Needs ABS system standard.

Love it!
By suzanne

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first two cars were a Cavalier and Sunfire. The Cobalt by far is of much higher quality and is made far better. I originally was considering the Aveo when I went shopping for my 3rd car, but the quietness and smoothness of the ride got my hooked to the Cobalt. It's wonderful to drive in the snow. I feel very safe in it. After a 9 hour road trip it's still comfortable.

Favorite Features

Sporty looking interior, roomy, looks great on the road, MP3 plug-in

Suggested Improvements

No center arm rest, but I got used to it. A strut started leaking at 15 K and was told this was a common problem. Not having a light grey as an interior option/ or change the material- it gets dirty very easily.

Love 2007 base model Cobalt Coupe
By Eddie Z

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This base model 07 Cobalt had me thinking twice about 4 cyl engines. As soon as I took off in this car, the performance was great. It handles really well on the curvy roads where I live in and the fuel economy is outstanding, 30 M+PG. I was also surprised by the amount of space that is present in the trunk, lots of it. Being that I'm 6 feet tall, I have enough room to sit behind the wheel. I was also surprised to see the battery in the trunk.

Favorite Features

The more constant your drive is, like highway driving, the higher your miles to gallon goes up. Oil filter is at top of engine. Love the engine cover.

Suggested Improvements

Oil life meter should not be measured by driving and acceleration, meter should measure oil viscosity. Bigger side windows for overlooking.

My brand new victory red 2 door Cobalt LS
By LILLADY

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt for about 6 months now. I brought it brand new with 3 miles on it. As much as I drive I already have almost 11,000 miles on it and it still rides brand new with the brand new car smell. I road 6,000 miles over before I got my oil changed and the light still hasnt came on. I much money am I saving! The car is beautiful!

Favorite Features

The body style is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Dont make them 4 cylinders. Adding cruise control to the newer models. And adding an mp3 player, take off the cheap hubcaps.