2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
So-So Feelings
By Doug on 10/09/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 07 SS Coupe. I drive a lot. My gas mileage has been less then desirable with getting at the most 27mpg highway. I have 42k on it now and at 40,500 I had to have my transmission replaced. Thank goodness for extended warranties or it would have cost a fortune. Styling is great. I get a lot of looks from people because the car looks hot in black. Tires are expensive to replace and the SS is so low to the ground it doesn't clear most speed bumps without scraping. Unless you get a great deal on this car, I would think twice.

Too Cavalier
By Bill T on 10/08/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Cobalt LS 2 door in some ways is a stylish car, but, from looking at the front and sides, looks too much like a re-vamped Cavalier. I expected more from this car than it delivered. Gas mileage on the 2.2 automatic is terrible for a 4 cylinder, eats far more gas than a Nissan Altima 2.5 4 banger, and isn't half as fast, in fact, it's sluggish by comparrison. Comfort is basic, behind the times, needs better standard sound system w/ larger standard sized tires/ wheels. Vehicle is noisy inside passenger cabin, and exterior paint job inferior, marks/ chips easily. Many blind spots when parking, observing on- coming traffic from behind, and passing. It's a re-vamped Cavalier.

$15,000 Nightmare
By Harry on 09/23/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well, to sum it up in one word, the word "nightmare" comes to mind. The car is actually very nice to drive, handles better than my Mustang ever did, and it has just enough pep to get me into trouble. However, let me tell you the bad about it. There is this rather loud, annoying rattle, which can not be figured out by two different dealerships. Had it in five times, parts replaced every time, and still nothing. Also, it has this little issue that makes it not start at the most of inconvenient of times. No one can figure that one out either. I will tell you that to me, this car is the biggest waste of money, and "GM integrity" that I have ever encountered. GM: Build a better Cobalt!

Update of 1/1/08 Review
By Matt on 09/14/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 10,500 mi on the car and its still without any problems. I took the car to the shop 3 times: Once for an oil change and 2 because of something I did: Bent a rim and hit a deer. I abuse this car and it still treats me great. I'm now getting 30-37MPG depending on how I drive. The front tires are now starting to show noticeable wear. My only big gripe with the car is the noisy wheel covers. They squeak and rattle over bumps and it makes the car seem like less quality than it actually is. Next time I'm getting alloys. I still get compliments on the looks. Why are people still buying imports? Chevy packs quality, value, dependability, and fun all in one car. Check this one out!

Great American Quality
By Mike on 08/31/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For all of you out there that buy foreign because of the so called superior reliabilty this car is for you. Well built, fun to drive, excellent quality for your money.

Fix and repair daily!
By Heath on 08/29/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car the day after Christmas 06. Didn’t have it a month and Air conditioner coil busted. March the fan troud begins rattling, AC compressor squeaks and random not starting. I took it to the dealer tightened the fan troud, replaced the Ac compressor and couldn’t find anything wrong why it won't start. June 08, gear shifter assembly fell apart! GM didn’t cover it, 321.86. A year later (out of warranty) these things are still occurring with the same response! These cars are pieces of junk! Something always needing to be repaired!!

Great for the price
By GregNLisa on 08/12/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car for her commute 40 miles/day. So far, excellent value. Paid $10k for used '07 LT Coupe/Automatic with air, cruise, tilt, pwr. windows, locks, CD player, etc. 26,000 miles. Good mileage, 35 consistantly on highway, 28-30 around town. Very quiet inside, almost no wind or road noise. 100k mile engine/transmission warranty nice plus. Considered a Civic or Corolla, but nothing this new with a decent warranty could touch the price. Would of had to buy a 5 year old Civic or Corolla to get to our $10k budget.

Chevy Cobalt - a good value
By pvs68 on 07/20/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The base model seems to be the most car for the money and the quality so far seems to be competitive to leading imports. Even the most basic model comes with standard features that other cars in its class don’t come with. It is also easy and inexpensive to perform your own preventative maintenance (oil changes) on too. I like mine, a 2 door standard transmission, because it is sporty, economical, and practical. I did extensive research before buying it and had the most confidence with this purchase.

Great car for tall person
By So happy on 07/18/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6' 7" and am very happy with my LS. I tried getting into most all the other compact cars and I just could not fit in them. I have not had a single problem with the car since I purchased. Perfect commuter car. I get about 30-31MPG combined and get 36- 37 MPG on the highway.

Great Car!
By Don on 07/10/08 02:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 2003 Dodge Neon which i must say after the 1st yr needed a front end job..yuk! I've had the Cobalt for 15 months now and not a problem. Good power. Ride is good. Electric steering needs a little improvement. Great gas mileage. I get 30 around town. On long trips at first I was getting around 40mpg (automatic tranny) now around 38-39mpg. Dealer installed cruise for free. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.