Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Worst Car we've ever had.
By colemyst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Three years old 6000 miles on it and this is what we got. Continual noises, squeaking, chirping, clicking, grinding squealing noises, taillight filled with moisture, shifting stick slips, steering column needed to be change twice, power steering motor needs to be change - now recalled, bushings replaced, surge tank faulty, list goes on. The car probably won't. Car still has noises even after mechanics works on it, saying it was fixed. HA They must be trained to say it because they all do don't they?

The MPG is good but, owner doesn't drive fast.

Fire your engineers. You should have spruced up the Prizm and dumped this lemon.

Junk!
By usereks1187

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car when it was one year old, spent so much time in shop I got a second car so I had something to drive. All the interior trim has broken the front end has pretty much fallen apart steering is awful had many transmission problems. Dealership service along with GM customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and a big headache get something other then GM.

Leather heated seats, pioneer speakers, sunroof.

better customer service, better build quality.

Awful arm rest
By lee

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After reading a number of complaints, I can count myself blessed. My problem is the arm rest that collapse under warranty and now has collapsed again. The trim around the sun roof fell off. I was told that I had to purchase the kit & it was simple to snap back in place. I couldn't do it. Paid 48.00 for the dealer to put it on, same problem the trim has fallen off again. Visor mirror cover snap off in my hand. Buyer beware of the small things too.

sun roof, spoiler

Brighter inside light, if using plastic parts, better clips

Beats a civic all to hell
By Cory

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car works great, lots of power for 4 cyl. I've had it going 220 km/h, way better car for the money than a Civic. However the electronic power steering failed me but gm has since recalled it at no cost to me, also the front suspension is not built to last, will need struts soon at 78,000 kilometers. The 7 speaker pioneer stereo sounds great with factory XM is a must also the 17 inch wheels look great and car handles perfectly at high speeds, looks great in black with limo tint Windows. Overall very happy with the appearance and performance

xm radio with subwoofer sound system, rear spoiler, 17 inch aluminum wheels

better front suspension, also trunk is huge but the hole is tiny.

Fast reliable economy car
By Ryan07SS

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Bought this car from the dealership brand new. I added the stage 2 kit and the gmmp exhaust which all was under warranty. I have ran the car hard and to this day have had no problems with it. It gets 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. This is the best car I've every own the so much fun to drive.

Everything