Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

start saving now for monthy for repairs
By SCsCrazyItalian

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive and has a cute body, but those are about the only good things I have to say about the car. In the very few months I have had the car I have had; the breaks replaced, had to buy a new battery and have had the whole gear shift unit replaced. It is not practical at all. There is no space what so ever in the back seat. The inside paint scratches way too easily and the stereo razzes very easily. Over all just not a practical car. Oh and if you get one with a fin on the back forget about rear visibility.

Favorite Features

I love the fun of driving a car so low to the ground. I can whip it around like it's nothing. The body style is cute. I have gotten a lot of "oh your car is sooo cute". The ultimate girly body style.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality parts. Better stock stereo system.Better visibly all around.

Worst Car Ever!
By arabella

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving. Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

Favorite Features

The color: candy apple red. The gas mileage was alright, nothing too special though

Suggested Improvements

GM could have made this car more reliable and dependable. If you want that: seriously don't go with Chevy!

Expensive Mistake
By cmbear

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 10k miles. Loved it at first, then the it revealed its' true colors. I have replaced the wheel bearings, sway bars, control arms and bushings three times. The second time the repair was under warranty. The first and third were quite expensive. Additionally, the inside door handles have peeled. I have just paid it off and am ready to get rid of this monster. Learned my lesson. Chevy won't get my business again.

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

Favorite Features

Decent pick-up. When it runs.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is a joke. Everything is made out of the cheapest plastic imaginable. The passenger side mirror has been in the glove box since breaking off in the first week of ownership. Also, this car was specifically designed, apparently, to have the most horrendous blind spots as possible. You either have to lean forward [like, head past the top of the steering wheel] at stop lights to check for pedestrians who may be crossing, or risk hitting them.

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

Favorite Features

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Suggested Improvements

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing