2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cobalt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Sort Reviews by

Cobalt
By Marge

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a Chevy Cobalt for 4 months now. I have 2500 miles on it. I really enjoy driving this car. It handles well. It has good pick-up and is easy to drive. My daughter also likes to drive my new Cobalt. Everyone whos sees it likes the way it looks. It ia laser blue metalic. It is comfortable in the front and back. The features are great. You can program up to 36 staions on the radio. The driver information center is cool. Lots of good info available on it, miles per gal, oil life percentage, 2 trip odomoters, fuel range, outside temp and a couple of other things too. Highway driving I get 32-34 MPG. The rear seats fold down so you can get larger things in the trunk.

Favorite Features

My favoriteeature is the keyless entry. I also like the way the car handles ande way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

I think the speedometer is hard to read when I am wearing sunglasses. Also the trunk opening could be larger. The back of the car is high, hard to see things behind you.

GM built this?
By cwm

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I reluctantly rented this car for a 1500 mile road trip through 4 mountainous states, becuase it was the only car left with GPS navigation. I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The car is cheap and in many ways cheaply built, however GM put the quality into this car where it counts. The seats are comfortable but lacking in adjustments. This is one of the first automatic transmissions that I don't have to out-think to get the car to do what I want it to do. After driving 1500 miles to several national parks I can say that this was one of the most comfortable road trip cars I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage! The handling is much better than I expected. The automatic transmission shifts perfecly, the shift points vary dramatically based on the aggressiveness of the driving. The seats are very supportive for long distance driving. Ipod input and audio controls on the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger buttons on the steering wheel. The parking brake handle is too close to the console. More seat adjustments would be nice.

Room to Improve
By Gail

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Agree, need to pull interior door handles closer so as not a far reach. My biggest trouble is the seat, dash and steering. With long legs you move the seat back, but since the steering wheel doesn't scope, you're reaching. The steering wheel for tall people cuts out part of the speedometer located on the left and no matter how I adjust the seat and steering, it's just not comfortable. I wish it had more head room also and a little more pickup like my previous small car. I'm really just not happy at all with it and I really regret buying it. The trunk could use a larger opening.

Favorite Features

The soft interior lines of the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Add scopeing to steering as standard equipment with more tilt. Move parking brake and interior handles. I think side airbags should be standard on all small cars and give it more power. Larger opening for trunk.

Lemon!
By rattler

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my new 2007 Cobalt in July 2007, pulled off the dealer lot to get groceries, and noticed my front running light was out on the passenger side of the car. Went thru the first tank of gas, fair gas mileage, started to hear a rattle in the front passenger side of the dashboard, started to rattle after 800 miles on the Cobalt! Should have gotten a Honda Civic EX!

Favorite Features

Tail lamps. Ride is smooth!

Suggested Improvements

Car rattles, needs better seats. Steering is not responsive. Better fit and finish.

Nice car, good on gas and fun to drive.
By Arthur

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had my Cobalt for a few months now, and I'm really happy with it. My last car was a Honda, and I've noticed that the Cobalt just feels more solid -- right down to the "thunk" the doors make when they close. I've crossed 32mpg on the highway, and the car rides like a much bigger vehicle. Can't beat this car at the price. I think Chevy came up with a winner this time.

Favorite Features

Solid feel, even ride, peppy for a 4cyl. Good on gas and inexpensive to buy.

Suggested Improvements

More trim styles, and I'd like to see the base stereo system do mp3.

First new car - Love it!
By Jason

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the money. I got it with a $1000 rebate so it ended up being cheaper than a similarly equipped Aveo - and there's much more car here. Currently, using top-tier 87 fuel and synthetic oil, between town and highway driving, i'm getting about 35 miles/gallon. (on a 13 gallon tank I can get over 400 miles and still have over a gallon of fuel left) The audio input jack is a great standard feature and for those who wish to upgrade their audio on their own, they'll be pleased to find the battery in the trunk. I almost bought a used ford focus for around $10K, but This car after rebate, taxes, etc.. ended up being 13K and wasn't somebody elses problem. No regrets.

Favorite Features

Audio input jack. Good power for a 4cyl. Good gas mileage. Chevy's new and improved 10 yr/100K mile drivetrain warranty. Passenger sensing airbags. Drivers seat that moves up and down. Roomier than it looks. Price

Suggested Improvements

Make the trunk opening bigger. Ditch the plastic engine cover that just makes it run about 5 deg. warmer. Aftermarket could be better for cars equipped with secondary air injection.

My Cobalt
By Bobby

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got the Cobalt early May '07, and by late May I have almost 4000 miles on it already and it seems like a pretty decent car. Has some pretty good pep for a 4cyl, fuel economy is great compared to the SUV we traded in for it, however not the 34 mpg that they advertise, still I'm getting around 27mpg. The stereo system cranks good for a stock radio and CD player. We can not fit the whole family in it leagally, or safely for that matter, but that's what the wife's mini-van is for. All in all I'd have to say I'd give it a thumbs up, lets see what breaks on it in the first 50K or 100K miles.

Favorite Features

Automatic lights! Stereo is pretty good, sounds great and even loud with some heavy bass rock it still sounds great! 27 miles to the gallon, I used to get 12-15 and now I get 23-27!

Suggested Improvements

ABS brakes! Power locks windows and cruise control! Power mirrors would have been great.

Great Commuter Car
By Schlog

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car as a commuter for my wife, really not expecting an exceptional vehicle for $13,500 out the door. My feelings have changed after making several day long drives, really taking a liking to the car. With 266 miles on the odometer we're getting 39 miles per gallon on the interstate, really great on a car that advertised 34 MPG Hwy. Secondly it handles exceptionally well and is comfortable to drive. 95% of the time I drive a full size truck, never paying attention to the fact that your constantly scrutinizing your size in a given space... it does weigh on you in commuting. This is a nice car and we're actually discssing getting another in the Pontiac version. So far, elated!

Favorite Features

Peppy 4 cylinder, useful economy feedback display, great A/C and a super smooth automatic transmission. Styling is on par with other economy vehicles and the seats are comfortable but certainly not plush. Good sounding stereo/CD and quiet interior. Great trunk size and it extends into the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space for coins, documents and whatever. I know it's a small car, but that could be better. Darker window tinting, and two density levels of padding in the seats, they feel a little stiff. Standard keyfob electric locks, as most of us have forgotten using manual locks.

Great Car - especially for the price
By a matic

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is larger than you first think. The engine is terrific. The size of the whole car is just right. Big enough to carry 4 people, small enough to be fuel efficient, and powerful enough to not require a V6. The stereo is a great design and a joy to work although a little more power would be nice. The paint job on my Cobalt is exceptional. I bought the paint protection. I think it is well worth the price for any car. Overall a great ride for not much money. I looked at Focus, but I think the Cobalt is a better car for less money.

Favorite Features

Engine. Stereo. Paint. Finish. LT option

Suggested Improvements

All cars should came with ABS brakes and side air bags as standard, period. I don't care if the gov has to pass a law, or the automakers do it themselves. These items save lives and injuries. Just do it.

Good Car
By Jarret

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car I have ever had. Good car for the $15,000 I spent after taxes. I have a middle of the road model with power windows and air conditioning. One irritating problem is that after owning the car for five months, I am now hearing a sound of something loose or rolling around in the front engine/tire area of the car whenever I make a moving right turn and sometimes a moving left turn. I took it to the dealer, and they claimed that only one of two mechanics who looked at the car could hear the sound. They stated that did not know what was causing it and could not fix it. I don't understand since sound is obvious, and I am continuing to press the issue with dealer.

Favorite Features

Steering on the vehicle is tight and engine performance is good for the small engine I have. Just a nice vehicle to drive all around. Comfortable to be in.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic moldings in the interior of the car. I have already had the inner part of the cup holder come out along a piece that is attached to where the seat belt comes out of. Both were easy to snap back in, but should not happen on a new car.