Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Not satisfied
By Valerie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Cobalt brand new, with 16 miles on it. Thought it would be a great car but so far it has proved us wrong. We had alot of minor issues within the first 4 months but they were covered under warranty thankfully. Now our back windows don't roll down at all and haven't since shortly after the warranty was up, of course. No idea what the issue is but will not be fixing it. The emergency break never worked. The visor cover broke just lifting it up one day. The back seat is so uncomfortable. I hate when someone has to sit back there because it's worse than sitting in a truck!

The only thing I like is the trunk. It's pretty roomy..just wish the rest of the car was!

It would be better to have less plastic parts in the car since they break so easily. Higher quality parts would be great!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
By jstrachan84

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So I bought my Cobalt BRAND NEW. There was literally 1 mile on my car when I got it. Well of course now my car is out of warranty and at 39,000 miles the power steering light comes on the dashboard. A really cool extra feature happens and the steering wheel completely locks up. I looked this problem up on the internet and apparently this happens pretty frequently. After much arguing, Chevy agreed to pay for the part. The motor for the electronic power steering is what went. This part has been an ongoing problem with the Cobalt but the part has not been recalled. Even the mechanics at the local Chevy dealership by my home were arguing with Chevy that this is not a part that should of broke.

Nothing. The interior is horrendous. My mirror on my visor broke after opening it one time. I truly regret buying this vehicle.

THE POWER STEERING! Next I will have to replace my whole steering column like other Cobalt owners!

Great fun car
By Chevy27

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hated the dealership I got this car from so for all my service I go to a different dealership, but outside of the dealership the car is great. I get 27mpg city driving, the get up and go is a little slow but its just a 4 cylinder so that's okay she handles turns great and handles the occasional long drive out of state. Great first car for me. Body lines are clean and the size and shape are ideal for Jersey driving and parking. Love it, and would recommend this car!

No spoiler, great cd player, speakers are clear and the adjustable radio to automatically raise in volume as you go faster.

Chevy could work out the usual wheel clicks but other than that I love my car, and better a/c system (the heat is perfect).

Bad decision
By Ramon

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am pleased with the fuel efficiency, but little else. I started having trouble when the drivers side door broke off completely. I got online to do some research and have found that I am not the only one with this issue. I decided to repair the handle myself just to find out that it will take more than just removing the interior door panel. I switched from Ford to Chevy in hopes of easy repair work, but I miss my Ford already.

A better design on the cup holders. When I have a drink in there, I cannot adjust the AC/Heat!

Good Car
By Shanna

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt for a little over a month. It's a wonderful first car. I read reviews here before buying this car. I read about someone hearing a cricket noise when the air conditioner was on, I hear this noise every time I have the AC on, it can get annoying after a while because I hear it over my music. I've put aver 1000 miles on it since I got it. Now it has about 42,000 miles on it. It gets around 26-28 mpg in town. It's a wonderful car :-) I love it!

MP3 jack, the trunk space, design (interior & exterior), CD player, comfort

It'd be nice to get better gas mileage