2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Room to Improve
By Gail on 08/03/07 03:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Agree, need to pull interior door handles closer so as not a far reach. My biggest trouble is the seat, dash and steering. With long legs you move the seat back, but since the steering wheel doesn't scope, you're reaching. The steering wheel for tall people cuts out part of the speedometer located on the left and no matter how I adjust the seat and steering, it's just not comfortable. I wish it had more head room also and a little more pickup like my previous small car. I'm really just not happy at all with it and I really regret buying it. The trunk could use a larger opening.

Lemon!
By rattler on 07/18/07 02:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my new 2007 Cobalt in July 2007, pulled off the dealer lot to get groceries, and noticed my front running light was out on the passenger side of the car. Went thru the first tank of gas, fair gas mileage, started to hear a rattle in the front passenger side of the dashboard, started to rattle after 800 miles on the Cobalt! Should have gotten a Honda Civic EX!

Nice car, good on gas and fun to drive.
By Arthur on 06/14/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had my Cobalt for a few months now, and I'm really happy with it. My last car was a Honda, and I've noticed that the Cobalt just feels more solid -- right down to the "thunk" the doors make when they close. I've crossed 32mpg on the highway, and the car rides like a much bigger vehicle. Can't beat this car at the price. I think Chevy came up with a winner this time.

First new car - Love it!
By Jason on 06/08/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the money. I got it with a $1000 rebate so it ended up being cheaper than a similarly equipped Aveo - and there's much more car here. Currently, using top-tier 87 fuel and synthetic oil, between town and highway driving, i'm getting about 35 miles/gallon. (on a 13 gallon tank I can get over 400 miles and still have over a gallon of fuel left) The audio input jack is a great standard feature and for those who wish to upgrade their audio on their own, they'll be pleased to find the battery in the trunk. I almost bought a used ford focus for around $10K, but This car after rebate, taxes, etc.. ended up being 13K and wasn't somebody elses problem. No regrets.

My Cobalt
By Bobby on 05/30/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got the Cobalt early May '07, and by late May I have almost 4000 miles on it already and it seems like a pretty decent car. Has some pretty good pep for a 4cyl, fuel economy is great compared to the SUV we traded in for it, however not the 34 mpg that they advertise, still I'm getting around 27mpg. The stereo system cranks good for a stock radio and CD player. We can not fit the whole family in it leagally, or safely for that matter, but that's what the wife's mini-van is for. All in all I'd have to say I'd give it a thumbs up, lets see what breaks on it in the first 50K or 100K miles.

Great Commuter Car
By Schlog on 05/25/07 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car as a commuter for my wife, really not expecting an exceptional vehicle for $13,500 out the door. My feelings have changed after making several day long drives, really taking a liking to the car. With 266 miles on the odometer we're getting 39 miles per gallon on the interstate, really great on a car that advertised 34 MPG Hwy. Secondly it handles exceptionally well and is comfortable to drive. 95% of the time I drive a full size truck, never paying attention to the fact that your constantly scrutinizing your size in a given space... it does weigh on you in commuting. This is a nice car and we're actually discssing getting another in the Pontiac version. So far, elated!

Great Car - especially for the price
By a matic on 05/19/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is larger than you first think. The engine is terrific. The size of the whole car is just right. Big enough to carry 4 people, small enough to be fuel efficient, and powerful enough to not require a V6. The stereo is a great design and a joy to work although a little more power would be nice. The paint job on my Cobalt is exceptional. I bought the paint protection. I think it is well worth the price for any car. Overall a great ride for not much money. I looked at Focus, but I think the Cobalt is a better car for less money.

Good Car
By Jarret on 05/06/07 05:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car I have ever had. Good car for the $15,000 I spent after taxes. I have a middle of the road model with power windows and air conditioning. One irritating problem is that after owning the car for five months, I am now hearing a sound of something loose or rolling around in the front engine/tire area of the car whenever I make a moving right turn and sometimes a moving left turn. I took it to the dealer, and they claimed that only one of two mechanics who looked at the car could hear the sound. They stated that did not know what was causing it and could not fix it. I don't understand since sound is obvious, and I am continuing to press the issue with dealer.

Our Cobalt
By mlbollaert on 04/26/07 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Engine has plenty of power for a 2.2. So far the mileage holds true 24 city, 32 hwy. Steering is effortless but tight enough to feel the road. Handling is tight through the corners and the Pirelli's hold the road even in the N.W. rain. Interior is excellent with all the comforts of the 21st century! Overall I give the car and the experiance an "A".

Cobalt Love
By matt on 04/19/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my favorite car I have ever owned, a Chevy Tracker, for a new Cobalt. I was afraid of switching to a small sedan. I love it. It drives great. It is nice to look at. The paint is a deep blue that the sun sometimes reflects off as purple. Getting 31.4 mpg city/driving combined. Perfect big city car. It's a winner of a car if you don't have to have the biggest one on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.