2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2007 Cobalt LT
By bigbadjim on 03/31/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am a larger man at 6'2" and I find that the Cobalt has the best leg room of compact cars. The Cobalt also offers a quiet ride and very good stability. We owned a 2005 Focus SES and this is hands down a better car and it is less "tinny". The power is decent and it offers a full compliment of standard features for a decent price. We paid $11,500 w/ only 13,500 miles on it.

Awesome Vehicle!
By InZane4all on 03/07/08 20:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I previously had a 2007 Cobalt LT Coupe. The car was ok but was missing power. I also hated the fact that the car came with hubcaps which made loud noises on every bump. I wanted an SS/SC but was unable to get one at a good price. So I decided to get a Cobalt SS and wow! Big difference from an LT. 17' chrome wheels, Pioneer sound system, interior is way better than my old LT. The 2.4L engine is so powerful, it reminds me of my old 94 Camaro V6. I did change the wing to the high rise one that comes standard on an SS/SC only because I think the wing makes my Cobalt SS stand out more.

Good for the money
By sinisterc6 on 02/12/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well I bought the car as cheap as possible to lower the cost and regret it. I wish I had power locks and windows but that's my fault, for the money it's a good car. It's horrible in the snow, worse even than my 91 Camaro with the 5L v8. It's really pathetic that this car gets stuck as much as it does. I'ts comfortable tho, I'll give it that with a lot of room and a big trunk, just stay away if it snows in your area unless you want to buy snow tires (shouldnt be nessisary on a car like this, was never needed on my Camaro). If I could do it again I'd get the 1lt and get the features most otther cars come standard with.

Victory Red Coupe
By Matt on 01/01/08 09:44 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

One of the last 07's on the lot. Paid $10,300. The only option is the auto tranny. I only had it a couple days so this is an intitial review. The motor has almost the same pep as my 01 Z24 and gets better mileage. I'm averaging 25.6 MPG. The interior design of the car is a little plain but straight forward and worlds nicer than the Cavalier. The electric steering feels a little wierd at first but you get used to it. The rear end looks better on the coupe than sedan. The DIC does provide some useful stuff and the auto headlights mean you dont have to worry about leaving them on and draining the battery. The low beams are as bright as the highs on my Z24. I'll put in another review later.

Great Car
By rc31rider on 12/31/07 11:21 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car! I have put 26000 miles on it, all trouble free. Went to the dealer one time for warranty work, just a stuck ecv valve, total time at the dealership was less than 1/2 hour. Gas mileage is great, better than the EPA estimates. It would be hard to find a better car for the money. While the Cobalt is the replacement for the Cavalier, the Cobalt has nothing in common with it's predecessor. Everything about the Cobalt is leaps and bounds above the Cavalier.

Fantastic
By nana on 11/29/07 21:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is awesome. A joy to own and drive. The cobalt leaves all the competitors in the dust. Great performer on the worst roads in America, [Chicago and suburbs.] Mileage better than sticker estimate. Love this vehicle. Modern sleek lines, seats are super comfy for 5ft to 6ft tall drivers. Battery in trunk makes good sense. Can ride for mega miles with no back or neck ache which occured with my Toyota, Lincoln and Suzuki. Feels solid and sound proof. Which was a great surprise to all of us. We plan to continue to see the USA in our Chevrolet Cobalt.

Best Car Ever
By Kenny on 10/08/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt. I have never driven a car that drives so smooth. It is such a fun drive and was the car that stood out from all of the rest that I drove! I love it! I would highly recommend that you consider a Cobalt for your next car!

2007 Chevy Coupe LT2
By lillipad86 on 09/28/07 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love it! It's like a relationship, it takes work. There's somethings to get used to but for the price, it's an unbelievably great buy! Get a sunroof if you can, its a great feature that I find myself using everyday! (weather permitting)

Underestimated
By jdc7659 on 08/25/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is more capable and fun to drive than any of its competitors.

Very pleased
By archcommus on 08/17/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 07 LS coupe in May, this is my first new car and also my first GM car. Have to say I'm very pleased so far. Love the exterior looks, love the dash and interior layout, plenty of space for me and comfortable seats, excellent gas mileage (currently getting about 29.7 city), fun to drive, smooth ride, great features (automatic headlights, auxiliary audio jack, MP3 player), affordable, all in all a great car to own and drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.