Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

I wanted a safe, dependable car
By Sad Dad

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a safe dependable car to send my daughter off to college. She liked the sporty look, and we shopped until we found one with the bells and whistles. The car has 37,000 miles on it, so the bumper to bumper has expired (barely-- 36,000). While she was driving from Nashville, the power steering just quit working. I'm glad she wasn't in a turn! Dealership and GM are not very sympathetic, but when I googled "Cobalt power steering," I found that this problem is widespread. I hope that anyone considering the Cobalt will use google and research this power steering failure.

Sunroof, definitely.

The electric power steering needs to be recalled and replaced.

2007 SS
By Katie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt, but I am worried about it's reliability. My visor broke after I had the car about a year. I have not even had the car 2 years and the top part of my shifter knob just broke off along with the plugs for the chargers no longer working. Also, the emergency break went out. Great that it's still under warranty, but what am I going to do after that?

leather seats, heated seats, cute car, great manual shifting

bigger opening for trunk, stop being cheap on the little parts

Cobalt Fan
By Teen in Iowa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was the car my parents bought for me. It's a 5 manual but still is fun to drive. I've had no problems with the car. Easy to handle, and quick standard engine. Gets ok gas mileage in city and highway mileage is great. Love the smooth ride.

Like the radio jack for ipod. Nice features for money too. Styling is good and the seats are comfortable

Have keyless entry standard and spoiler standard

great car for a college guy
By spencer

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt the night after my high school graduation, I bought it for $11,988 with 15,389 miles on it. But the night I drove it home, when I hit my very well maintained gravel driveway, I heard a loud thud coming from the steering! Well the dealership replaced both steering shafts but now 17,000 miles later at around 31,500 miles the same shaft need to be replaced! It all was under warranty but now I am worried about it going out at 45,00 miles (not under warranty!) but over all it is a very flashy car, especially with a loud exhaust! (gets the cop's attention). I love the stereo and the interior design! And I am getting 26.5 mpg driving around town and I once pulled 35.6 on a road trip!

remote start, interior, wing, fog lights, and factory pioneer sound system with the sub! love the small back seat (no needy friends ask me for rides)!

better warranty, better factory rims, less rattles.

Great Performance for the price!
By linz

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over 2 years now and have 45000 miles on it. I had to order the car because I could not find an SS with a five speed and all the options I wanted. So I hadn't test drove one when it was ordered.I've never had to take it in for service but did replace the brakes and rotors at 40,000. The interior aluminum paint has started to chip from wear and tear and the steering wheel leather has started to fade. I previously had a 2005 Grand Am GT and it was in the shop twice in the 2 years I owned it. The Grand Am had more get up and go than the cobalt but it was a V6 automatic. Decent car for the price, but some improvements could be made. Back seat is extremely comfortable for a coupe

6 disc changer, steering wheel controls, heated leather (Grand Am did not offer). Comfortable buckets and back seat. Smooth ride and acceleration.

Add 6th gear for mpg's. Trunk opening is way too small (overall trunk is good size). Sunroof only opens 75% of opening (would be better as moon). Brake wear isn't bad but I seen many articles of replacing rotors way too early in their life. Ability to control MP3 Player with built in controls,