Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

I can't wait get a new car
By tiredofthispos

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got the cobalt for me 3 yrs ago as my 1st car. I wanted a jetta. I have had numerous problems. After 6 mo:shift nob got really loose, automatic Windows randomly go out. I have taken the car to the dealer 3x and it still does this. After 1 yr:fuel pump died, the int. Handle bubbled up. After 2 yrs:sun visor mirror cover and a defroster vent broke off. All but 1 speaker has gone out, a seat belt that is rarely used broke, turning signal stopped making clicking noise. I have taken my car to the dealer numerous times. The nob and handle were fixed. The warranty would not fix:speakers, vents, visor. Had to pay $130 just to see if it would cover the seat belt; it didn't. Windows still don't work.

Fun to drive, good on gas, spacious trunk, satellite radio, automatic lights, remote start, aux outlet, center console, good for very short road trips and around town

better quality interior,light gray interior is very hard to keep clean, Better warranties that cover its failures.uncomfortable Backseats have poor legroom if you are over 5'5. needs more compartment space.My little bro gets this car as his 1st. Can't wait to get either a Nissan Cube or Honda Fit.

Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.

The look, the price, the interior, the huge trunk for such a small size.

I'm not the only one with the fill up issue. A better gas cap/neck/tank system should be looked into to prevent these issues.

Got a Good One
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The longer I have my Cobalt, the more I appreciate it. I bought a basic LS model at the end of 2007 to get me to and from work. I have a 60 mile commute daily and it just doesn't make sense to wear out a high-priced car so quickly. My car has 49K miles and only one thing has had to be repaired: a wire in the engine compartment that powers the daytime running lights flexed to much and broke. That's it. The steering column and power steering motor was replaced under the recall, but I never had any steering issues. I do the maintenance on the car myself, which is very simple and inexpensive. The car is comfortable and handles well. Best commuter car purchase I could have made.

Handling, driver seating position, controls, radio, simplicity of maintenance, HVAC cabin filter, overall looks of car, reliability.

Trunk opening should be larger. Some plastic materials in engine compartment and interior too flimsy.

So far, so good
By Carol

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Cobalt LS when it was approx. 1.6 yrs. old. I was very nervous about buying a NA car and it took me about twenty-five years to buy another one. So far, I've been very happy with my car. I'm very proud of it's appearance. I don't expect it to be completely problem free now, but so far I have just had the oil changed. The dealership has been very good to me. I'm okay with the standard door locks...less to go wrong...and I'm not in a hurry. If this one does well, I will buy another NA car. I love the way the back end of this car looks. For the money...it's been great.

Tone of the red colour. Sporty back end with spoiler. Ability to accelerate quickly. Classy yet sporty look. Interior is fine too.

Been happy so far with everything...keeping my fingers crossed that nothing major will happen...as I would with every car purchase however.

Great Gas mileage, Nice Car
By Persephone

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is very reliable, great on gas. I drive both a lot of city and Highway miles. I avg. 34-35 mpg on the hwy @ 55-60 mph. 32-33 mpg @ 65-75 mph. City avg 28-29 mpg. I noticed a prior owner complained of the steering shake. Mine had that too until someone mentioned that is loose bearings. I had it serviced (not too expensive); problem solved. I had to replace the shocks and struts (warranty covered) but then I do a lot of driving in bad road conditions (Lots of potholes and uneven pavement). Always liked this car - my husband just found the same model and year with 23,000 miles for $10,900 and is buying it this week.

Gas Mileage

My car is manual everything, but my husband's new car is power everything.