2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (35 reviews )
Under Rated Performance
By InfinityzeN on 10/08/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Here comes the underdog. It has a supercharger, it makes boost whenever you press the gas. The engine puts more horsepower to the ground then it's rated at and has dominated every form of racing it has been used in. Brake performance is exceptional, especially when you consider the cars price class and weight. Ove all the best bang-for-buck performance car in the last few years.

My 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
By Henry_the_Red on 09/26/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

Well first things first, I love my Cobalt SS. The power is there when you need it, design and interior layout fit the car nicely. Only downfall I dislike about this car is the spoiler, which is going to be removed when I have some extra cash. Also I had a porous head which had to be replaced by the dealership, but other than that the car runs and performs great. Good buy in my opinion and not too bad for gas mileage, currently getting 29.4 mpg when I don't get on the gas.

Cobalt ss/sc 07'
By splitintlss on 08/31/07 02:21 AM (PDT)

I bought this car in January of 07' so far no complaints at all besides I can't seem to stay out of it. Chevy offers the stage kits that really make the car come alive. Styling is sharp, an altogether great sport compact for anyone in the market.

07 Cobalt SS
By 04.08.07 on 08/23/07 20:44 PM (PDT)

This is my first econo car since I bought a Pinto in 1978. I'm not crazy about FWD but it has real grunt and I've found it easy to hot rod. I also feel good about saving a couple Americans their jobs and while the quality isn't what I'm used to, neither is a 22k sticker. All in all I'd consider another Cobalt but I would prefer RWD.

Love it
By Bryan on 07/16/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

It's very good on gas yet fast at the same time which is great. The acceleration on this car is really good and the handling is perfect. If you are looking for a fast car and want to save money on gas at the same time, I highly recommend the Cobalt SS supercharged.

'07 SS/SC Chevy Cobalt
By ninjahampster on 07/16/07 19:51 PM (PDT)

This car has it all from great looks to awesome handling. The brute force in the supercharger is amazing and the Stage 2 upgrade makes it feel like a whole different car.

Greatly Pleased, and Proud
By GreenPurgatory on 07/16/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

This car is incredibly luxurious considering it is close to $20,000. I love the performance, handling, comfort, sound system, fuel economy, shifting, styling, and overall just in love with my new Cobalt. I wish they would continue making the Cobalt!

2007 Cobalt
By Nate on 07/15/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

Great car for the performance-minded driver on a budget. Plenty of power for what is typically expected of a 4-cyl. FWD vehicle. It looks great too.The 18" gunmetal rims look incredible in all lights. Luckily Chevy offered an optional low spoiler option for '07, because that was the only gripe I had about the car. Gas mileage is excellent as well. With a 50/50 mix of city/hwy driving I get 25-27 MPG, and have got as high as 34 MPG on highway cruising. Very competitive in it's class. You may find slightly nicer interior finishes on the competitors, but not enough to pass up the incredible whine of the blower at full throttle. Great sound system and the ipod jack is really useful.

Best I Have Ever Owned
By 07SSOhio on 07/02/07 12:20 PM (PDT)

I can't say enough good things about this car. Absolutely amazing, no problems, great mileage, super fun.

Fun to own
By Beachbum on 07/01/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

Great car for the money. Designers at GM finally understand what the GenXers want in a car, and for the most part have delivered. My only tiny gripe is rear visibility, as the trunk lid is higher than what I'm used to.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.